We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

New Delhi, Delhi...
reviews: 4
Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

Hello travelers!

I am planning to visit New York (from London) for a fortnight in the later half of Feb '15. Right now, the cheapest airfare available around these dates is 460 pounds (which I think is really high :( ). Could an experienced traveler please suggest if this is likely to get any cheaper in the coming months. Also, I would appreciate if you could please inform me about the best time to book tickets (any upcoming discounts that airlines tend to offer).

Looking forward to your replies.

11 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

Right now, the cheapest airfare available around these dates is 460 pounds (which I think is really high :( ).

--------------------------

Blimey when did you last fly, 1975?

£460 is not too bad these days for a round trip to NY. It will be interesting to know what price were you expecting to pay?

New Delhi, Delhi...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

Lol! Thanks for the informative (and humbling) response. I am an Indian resident and will be in London for the next 6 months for work purposes and therefore thought of visiting US on the way back. The rates from India generally tend to be around 650 - 700 pounds, which is why I found these airfares to be relatively higher. Thanks nonetheless.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

Honestly Harman 460 is ok. You may get it cheaper if you hang on (maybe another 30 if you are lucky) but you are more likely to find that the price will rise (and by much more) over time.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

UK
reviews: 85
5. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

I agree,£460 seems like a fairly standard price for this route at that time of year. In August you could easily pay getting up to £1,000.

If you wait until the next set of sales you may find cheaper, and there is always the chance of a rise, though probably not much of a chance for February, so I would think there is little downside in waiting a few months until you see some sales on, then buy.

But no money back if the price has risen :-)

London, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

Seems high, perhaps you could wait and buy a stand-by fare the day you want to fly ? (Comment first posted in 1962)

uk
reviews: 15
7. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

Don't forget there is a school half term holiday in Feb around those dates.

The schools break up on 13 th February back the 23rd so avoid that week.

Deb

Edited: 2:08 am, July 24, 2014
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
8. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

I would agree that £460 is a good price and there is more scope for an increase than further decreases - the fact that the fare is not as low as you expected in comparison to fares from India is due to the fact that fares are generally driven by supply/demand and the distance flown has little impact on the fare.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 161
9. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

Take a good look at the fare breakdown and see whats go to the airport taxes and fees, the airline is probably not making a lot at 460 pounds for an 8 hrs flight!

Edited: 2:40 am, July 24, 2014
London, United...
reviews: 87
10. Re: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb

Have a look at Norwegian flying from LGW to JFK (direct). I just did a search, and for flying out on 14/2 and flying back on 28/2, the price shows as £389.

Reply to: Cheapest return flights to New York from London around Feb
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted