We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing booking question

canada
reviews: 13
Timing booking question

HI I see now through Jet blue I can get a flight for 4 from Buff to Orl for $1100 total,from my research its a real good deal ( I think) Debating whether to book it or wait , incase it drops in price or wait till Aug for South west Prices? We are flying out for the first 2 weeks in Feb.

Thanks for your help.

11 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
1. Re: Timing booking question

IF you think it is a good deal then buy the tickets!

There is no guarantee that Southwest will be less expensive or that prices will drop!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 181
2. Re: Timing booking question

My only addition to what was already said, is to consider the "total" price - which means checked bag fees, seat fees, etc. Also, I usually think about the risk of pricing going "way up" versus holding out for a small amount of savings.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
3. Re: Timing booking question

What would annoy you more - waiting to discover that prices increased and you eventually had to pay a total of say $1500 or buying at $1100 to discover you could have bought for $1000 in a few weeks time.

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 187
4. Re: Timing booking question

<<My only addition to what was already said, is to consider the "total" price - which means checked bag fees, seat fees, etc. >>

So very, very important, and so very often overlooked. Too often, one will only look at the price of a ticket from Point A to Point B, and go with a LCC, only to later discover that they need to check ___ bags, wish to have allocated aisle, or window seats, and more amenities - most LCC's charge for anything, which is in addition to just the ticket. For some, that is all that is needed, but for others, expectations run higher - and those usually cost additional $.

Great point,

Hunt

canada
5. Re: Timing booking question

Thanks for all your replies. really helpful. Question.. what LCC ? And one thing I have learned from the site is book directly from airline site not a place like Expedia etc.I have been looking at the fine print etc and know about bags etc and the price is including all taxes and fees. And true I think it would annoy me more if I had to pay more waiting for the price to drop.From this site iv seen good reviews on Jet Blue also so I think that helps.

V

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
6. Re: Timing booking question

LCC stands for low cost carrier.

canada
7. Re: Timing booking question

Thanks.

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 187
8. Re: Timing booking question

Sorry about that. If I had already had my second cup of coffee, I would have added "(Low Cost Carrier)" to the first reference. That is how I should have done it.

Fly safely,

Hunt

reviews: 82
9. Re: Timing booking question

If you buy now from Jet Blue and the price goes down, Jet Blue will send you the difference in travel credit.

canada
10. Re: Timing booking question

Just to update.I bought the tickets.so excited our first family Holiday together! Now 7months to plan the rest! Again Thanks!

Reply to: Timing booking question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted