We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

Australia
reviews: 42
Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

Hi

Strange question and I didn't believe it when I first heard..... And I am only hearing this as third person so not people I know.

I have been told that a friend of my DD has a booking with MAS and has now been rebooked by MAS on to Emirates and a friend of my DH has been told a mate of his friend has been rebooked on Singapore Airlines by MAS. Has this happened to anyone else or do you know if it's true.

At the moment I am still 2 days away from wether I am cancelling (currently swaying towards staying with my originial plans) but I am wondering why they would be doing this??? And if it's true? These two are both from Adelaide

Cheers

17 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
1. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

You can get refunds or be rebooked, yes but you need to contact them by Thursday

but I am wondering why they would be doing this??? And if it's true?

-------------------------

Have you actually seen the news?

London, United...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

Actually fair question, ive been watching the news and have changed my flight from Malaysia airlines BUT I was not aware MAS were rebooking people on other carriers?

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
3. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

Simon Calder has been mentioning it every time he's been on (BBC mainly), but I don't think that was the OP's question.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
4. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

It might be cheaper for them to book you on another carrier than flying a half-empty plane. MAS could fold any day now!

Australia
5. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

I have been watching and reading the news but not seen anything. It's only other people who I don't know personally, I thought maybe they did it themselves but the people who told me were adamant that it is Malaysia doing it. My concerns is I dont believe they would go bankrupt due to the way they are structured until one of the people who told us about his friend being changed to Singapore said it was in the news. I found an article in the UK independant that seemed to support this, however there are so many rumors I am not sure what to believe and thought maybe I could find out if others on here had been changed.

This whole thing is so sad beyond belief and I just hope MAS doesn't go because of something that wasn't IMO their fault :(

Edited: 6:39 pm, July 22, 2014
Australia
6. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

Daawgon one of my theories was they must be having flights with not enough people and maybe?? I know when we travelled business last year there were 7 of us in a cabin for 33- they were obviously struggling then so I can only imagine now :(

The Maritimes...
reviews: 3
7. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

Well, they ARE down 2 aircraft in their fleet. I would guess many flights on their planned schedule from 4-6 months ago have been cancelled. SO while they are still flying the majority of their schedule, they don't have spare 777s laying about waiting to be used. That would most likely be why some have been rebooked on other airlines without passenger input.

Australia
8. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

Ours are a330's from here so not sure if that is what is happening or maybe it's just these 2 people and their agents changed them? I was hoping to find out if anyone on here had been changed

Cheers

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
9. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

Let's face it, MAS is a poorly managed company - I imagine it's partially or perhaps a wholly state owned carrier. I don't think they know how to run a modern airline.

Australia
10. Re: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??

I don't really agree with that statement but each to their own.

I always enjoy flying them and I think it's the sign of the times - if people can find cheaper they will.

Cheers

Reply to: Is Malaysia Airlines putting people on other flights??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted