We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baggage connection from manchester to yangon

reviews: 1
baggage connection from manchester to yangon

Hi guys, wanting advice for travel from Manchester to Yangon via Emirates.. Basically found Manchester to Calcutta on EMIRATES then onto Yangon via AIR INDIA.

My question is can or will Emirates check my baggage all the way to Yangon? Do AIR INDIA & EMIRATES have code share or inter baggage agreements with each other? The connection time is 2 hrs 10 minutes outbound. Thank you for help in advance!!!

4 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: baggage connection from manchester to yangon

Emirates has an interline agreement with Air India but this might not apply if you are buying separate tickets for the flights in question.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 246
2. Re: baggage connection from manchester to yangon

Why on earth are you flying into Yangon with Air India?

The best routing using the EK site is via BKK and into Yangon with MAI with luggage booked straight through.

If your flight was delayed EK would put you onto one of the many flights flying BKK/RGN but if you had a problem with a delay in Calcutta you could be stuck there for days as the flights are only a few times a week.

Go to the EK site

…emirates.com/CAB/IBE/SearchAvailability.aspx

and use the schedule feature for the best options

and have a look here for other travellers experiences of flying from the UK into Myanmar (BA.Thai,Eva Air,Qatar,Emirates etc etc)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g294190-i9408-My…

SS

Edited: 8:58 am, July 20, 2014
reviews: 1
3. Re: baggage connection from manchester to yangon

The problem is I need to get there sharpish prices through bangkok the mai is coming at around £1650 whereas going via Calcutta is £1100.. Anyone know if Manchester will tag through to yangon

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 246
4. Re: baggage connection from manchester to yangon

AI is on EK's interliner list for baggage transfer.

check here

emirates.com/english/plan_book/baggage/bagga…

best of luck,please do report back.

SS

Reply to: baggage connection from manchester to yangon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted