We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Furious with BA!

Furious with BA!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:12 am, October 03, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Furious with BA!

Best if you do not eat the breakfast you were asking about !

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
102 reviews
2. Re: Furious with BA!

I'm not too sure what you expect BA to do if there are no seats left which are together. It looks as if everyone has reserved before you. You appear to have left it too late.

Your 13yo is not counted as a child as you would have booked an adult fare. BA would not know his/her age. That is why you have not been allocated seating 5 days before. Allocated seating is only for families with children under 12

Is it really such a good idea to fly if your 13yo is petrified and you vomit. I think I would have investigated other travel means. Would it not be a better idea to abandon your trip now, if your anxiety is so great and you show this before boarding you could be denied boarding. Also as you say the weather is going to be so bad (previous post) doesn't sound too good a holiday.

If your problems are so great you should have booked seats straight away.

Good luck.

Edited: 6:11 am, July 20, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
127 reviews
3. Re: Furious with BA!

I wouldn't bother going if I were you. Doesn't sound like you're going to enjoy yourself.

4. Re: Furious with BA!

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Furious with BA!

You usually vomit on flights yet you are quite prepared to chomp your way through a full English breakfast on board?

I think your fear of flying is kicking in big style and you are using the not so problematic seating issue to try to get it out of your system.

Calm down. You'll be on and off the flight before you know it and it will be character building for your 13 year old. Get up and go see them when seat belt signs have been switched off.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
102 reviews
6. Re: Furious with BA!

Common sense should tell you if you have booked an adult fare your 'child' is classed as an adult. How would a computer know that he/she is a child? AFAIK all airlines treat 'children' as adult if they are over 12. At least you know this now.

Maybe you and your child should invest and go on a course for nervous passengers. It's supposed to have a high success rate. BA do them. Have you passed on you fear to your child?

Edited: 6:27 am, July 20, 2014
7. Re: Furious with BA!

8. Re: Furious with BA!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Furious with BA!

Nemesis, try to have a good trip.

I do think you should take the BA fear of flying course as suggested.

Post back to let us know how you got on.

Edited: 6:35 am, July 20, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,615 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Furious with BA!

Who's that trip trapping on the OP's bridge?