We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Furious with BA!

Wirral
reviews: 2
Furious with BA!

I just need to vent. Last week I tried to choose and book my seats for club Europe flight which is tomorrow. I was told that there were only 4 seats available for our flight and there are 4 of us. These seats were spread out all over the cabin which doesn't suit us as a couple of us are very nervous flyers. I was assured that more seats would be freed up to book today. They are incompetent fools! We have been split up. My 13 yr old is petrified and doesn't want to fly on her own. I am likely to spend the flight vomiting as I usually do so good luck to whoever sits next to me. I am livid and so upset. The website states categorically that families will be allocated seating together 5 days before flying. This obviously isn't the case. Their customer services have no ability to assist us and at this moment I don't want to go. It may be that I actually cannot get on that flight tomorrow. My anxiety is overwhelming me.

London, United...
reviews: 98
1. Re: Furious with BA!

Best if you do not eat the breakfast you were asking about !

Salisbury, United...
reviews: 62
2. Re: Furious with BA!

I'm not too sure what you expect BA to do if there are no seats left which are together. It looks as if everyone has reserved before you. You appear to have left it too late.

Your 13yo is not counted as a child as you would have booked an adult fare. BA would not know his/her age. That is why you have not been allocated seating 5 days before. Allocated seating is only for families with children under 12

Is it really such a good idea to fly if your 13yo is petrified and you vomit. I think I would have investigated other travel means. Would it not be a better idea to abandon your trip now, if your anxiety is so great and you show this before boarding you could be denied boarding. Also as you say the weather is going to be so bad (previous post) doesn't sound too good a holiday.

If your problems are so great you should have booked seats straight away.

Good luck.

Edited: 6:11 am, July 20, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 99
3. Re: Furious with BA!

I wouldn't bother going if I were you. Doesn't sound like you're going to enjoy yourself.

Wirral
4. Re: Furious with BA!

BA need to amend their website as there is no mention if an age limit for children to be classed as a family. My 13 year old is definitely still a child!

Sometimes you just have to put yourself through hell to see the world. I have started to limit the length of flights that we take for this very reason.

I may not be able to get on the flight but will give it a go.

To be on the safe side I have managed to pre book the seats for the return flight!

Thanks

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Furious with BA!

You usually vomit on flights yet you are quite prepared to chomp your way through a full English breakfast on board?

I think your fear of flying is kicking in big style and you are using the not so problematic seating issue to try to get it out of your system.

Calm down. You'll be on and off the flight before you know it and it will be character building for your 13 year old. Get up and go see them when seat belt signs have been switched off.

Salisbury, United...
reviews: 62
6. Re: Furious with BA!

Common sense should tell you if you have booked an adult fare your 'child' is classed as an adult. How would a computer know that he/she is a child? AFAIK all airlines treat 'children' as adult if they are over 12. At least you know this now.

Maybe you and your child should invest and go on a course for nervous passengers. It's supposed to have a high success rate. BA do them. Have you passed on you fear to your child?

Edited: 6:27 am, July 20, 2014
Wirral
7. Re: Furious with BA!

I don't eat a thing when flying unsurprisingly but have a hungry family!

The seating issue really is a big problem. I vomit to the point of nearly fainting if there is turbulence. Many cabin crew staff have said they have never seen anyone like me before.

Anyway, I have to get on with it, but BA needs to stop giving conflicting info. My husband and I spoke to them 3 times this week and on each occasion we were assured that there would not be a problem.

Off to Gatwick we go

Wirral
8. Re: Furious with BA!

My son works as cabin crew so my nervousness didn't seem to affect him! Lol

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: Furious with BA!

Nemesis, try to have a good trip.

I do think you should take the BA fear of flying course as suggested.

Post back to let us know how you got on.

Edited: 6:35 am, July 20, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
10. Re: Furious with BA!

Who's that trip trapping on the OP's bridge?