We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

Rabat, Morocco
HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

Hello,

I Just booked an Award tickets using my wife's Miles&Smiles Card and i used my Father's credit Card since mine is not accepted.

i heard that the Credit Card / or Miles&smiles Card Owner must be passenger ! ! !

Please Help Me, My wife neither dad are passengers ! !? what will happens ?

My dad will be present at checkin (With CC and ID) but my wife is not ! !

10 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 59
1. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

Not all airlines require that the person be there. I've booked flights for my son using my Delta miles/card and he flew without me and without the card.

Which airline are you using and where are you flying??

London, United...
reviews: 23
2. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

Miles and smiles is turkish,

What is the terms of the card,,,can you just use them or does she have to gift them and book the ticket for you?

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
3. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

More info needed. You say you booked an awards ticket using your father's credit card. The card was used to pay for the costs required in addition to the miles you're using? This part I don't understand: "i heard that the Credit Card / or Miles&smiles Card Owner" must be a passenger. The miles were in your account, right? If the miles were in your father's account, he could use them to get a ticket for others. I'm confused.

You haven't phoned the airline yet? Obviously you should do that now.

Edited: 3:10 pm, July 18, 2014
London, United...
4. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

No he used his wife's miles card and his fathers credit card to book a flight for himself.

He is now panicking as his wife won't be there to validate she authorised the miles to be used for his flight and that he did not nick them without her authorisation. His father will be there to validate his credit card. It's the use of his wife's air miles he is concerned about.

She should call the airline and validate the purchase.

Rabat, Morocco
5. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

Thank you for your replies, yess Froggy i was concerned about my wife's Miles&Smiles.

Thank you Riff, you booked for your son and he flew without you, that's really awsome

Thank you so much :)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 59
6. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

I have not used Turkish Airlines. The only thing I see on their web site is that you need picture ID to prove you are the person whose name is on the ticket.

No where on the web site does it say that the mileage card holder or the credit card holder must be on the flight with the family member for whom the flight was purchased.

I would definitely call the airline to check this or perhaps have your wife call since she is the one with the mileage card.

Some airlines require you to bring the credit card with you that was used to buy the ticket.

I don't know if Turkish Air has that requirement but you could certainly copy down the credit card number maybe with a letter from your father just in case.

Call the airline as they are the best people to tell you their own regulations.

Rabat, Morocco
7. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

About Credit Card, My father will be present with the Credit Card And ID card, But The Miles&Smiles Card No.

i Tried to call the airlines but no one answers :(

however i will take with me a Copy of my wife ID card and a copy of the miles & smiles Card !

in worst case i will lose 80$, i'm taking extra cash to buy another ticket so not big deal

Thank you very much :)

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 161
8. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

My wife is a Miles & Smiles member. I have redeemed online air tickets to Istanbul for both of us travelling together using my credit card but her miles. On both segments to and from Istanbul no question asked to see any of the cards at checkin other than your passport.

The same applies to other airlines frequent flyer programs, eg SQ Krisflyer and Delta, that I have redeemed flights for my family members in the past.

In doubts you can always call TK as others suggested.

Rabat, Morocco
9. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

If you curious to know how it passed, well hear this out.

At Check-In They Dined My Flight in first time NOT because of Credit Card, or miles&Smiles Card.

BECAUSE there is a new Turkish regulation "You Can't Fly to turkey with 1 way ticket". either you should have round trip or a ticket out of turkey ! ! ! !

i Asked to talk with the responsible they said 'He has meeting' BIG LIE i found the turkish Boss just in front of the desk i talked with him and i convinced him that i have enough money to pay my way back . only then he allowed me.

Conclusion : 1. using someone Credit Card and Someone's FFP Card it's NOT a problem !

2. If there is a problem Ask to talk with the Boss, then GO FIND HIM !

Thank you alll

London, United...
10. Re: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card

Well at least you got it sorted, I imagine if this is a new requirement, then they have some flexibility because I was unaware of it, although I always fly with a round ticket.

Reply to: HELP ! Booked AWARD TICKET with Father's Credit Card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted