We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cathay Pacific economy ticket refund

notts
reviews: 13
Cathay Pacific economy ticket refund

I have booked 2 economy tickets from London to Hanoi with Cathay Pacific. I thought I had booked tickets that were refundable albeit with a £200 penalty. For personal reasons I might not be travelling. I checked my email and the e-ticket has the following written on it:

"VLDCXONLY/NON END-RRTE CHG50/NO RFND". I assume this means no refund? My economy ticket is M to Hong Kong and V to Hanoi. I did think about hitting the refund button on the.carrier's website in order to get more information but I was worried that it might cancel the ticket straightaway. I tried doing a dummy booking and this suggests that my ticket can be cancelled and refunded minus the penalty. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Llanelli, United...
reviews: 175
1. Re: Cathay Pacific economy ticket refund

That's what it reads like to me, sorry. Changes to the ticket are £50, but it is non refundable. You will get the taxes and fees back, but not the airfare element of the price you have paid.

I'll be happy to find out I'm wrong, though.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
2. Re: Cathay Pacific economy ticket refund

I would call the airline itself and ask. In most cases, the most restrictive rules apply to the entire ticket. However, I have seen cases where a ticket using different fare classes (such as you say yours is) can be partially refunded (IE: the portion booked in M).

Reply to: Cathay Pacific economy ticket refund
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted