We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

reviews: 156
dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

NOrmally we fly DUB to MCO direct but this year we booked a good deal with click and go. We are on an early Aer Lingus flight to Manchester and then connect via Virgin to MCO.

Does anyone know if Aer Lingus can check our bags all the way to MCO? We already have our seats on Virgin selected?

THanks - and if anyone has flown this way any other comments?

14 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

"Does anyone know if Aer Lingus can check our bags all the way to MCO? We already have our seats on Virgin selected?"

Virgin and Aer Lingus are partner airlines so your bags should be checked through to MCO assuming the flights are on a single ticket.

2. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

Yes all on the one ticket. Thanks for the help.

Romford, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

Matter of interest, how much cheaper is it per seat using this route and forgoing the pre-clearance benefits? (which I figure is worth up to 3hrs on arrival)

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

No preclearance at DUB this time sean as you will be connecting via the UK. Something to bear in mind.

edit - Beat me to it jumper...

Edited: 7:25 am, July 14, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
5. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

With the flights on one ticket your bags will be checked through to MCO, so no problem there.

As regards losing US Preclearance by connecting in the UK, well yes that's a bit of an inconvenience. But as MCO is your final destination it's not that big of a deal. Plus MCO now uses immigration kiosks for Visa Waiver Program citizens which is expected to speed up the immigration process there. They're the same kiosks in place for US citizens at several gateway cities.

telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/northame…

Edited: 8:18 am, July 14, 2014
6. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

It worked out 275e per person cheaper so for that money I do not mind the additional hassle and forgoing pre clearance in Dublin

Romford, United...
7. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

neither would I-lol!!!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 100
8. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

Maybe I am in the minority but I would pay extra for the pre-clearance flights plus the convenience of arriving at my home airport after a transatlantic flight. Came back via BHX in March and I swore never again !

London
reviews: 73
9. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

I'd pay extra for flights that came into my home airport(s).

Don't think I'd pay any extra for preclearance though

Romford, United...
10. Re: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)

Single passenger questionable saving?, family booking worth the extra aggro IMHO

Reply to: dub-man-mco (Anyone help?)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted