We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying by card on Air Transat

Manchester
reviews: 9
Paying by card on Air Transat

Hi Everyone

We are flying to Vancouver from Manchester in Sept and i was just wondering as they don't take cash on the flights, would it be best to get a pre-paid card for drinks ect,, rarther than use a debit card as i presume their would be charges for that.

Thanks in advance

Sam

9 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
1. Re: Paying by card on Air Transat

Have you asked your debit card company if there will be some sort of extra charge?

Coquitlam, Canada
2. Re: Paying by card on Air Transat

Are you sure you even want to use them, cause I did and I didn't like it. The seats are so close together that it had made it very hard to stand up and hardly enough room for your legs. I know the prices is are low but you get what you pay for. It's a long flight, so pay a bit extra for a more comfortable ride. I don't think they take Debit Cards, at least not that I remember from my own flight from Gatwick to YVR, they do take Credit Cards and pre-paid ones too

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
3. Re: Paying by card on Air Transat

" I don't think they take Debit Cards, at least not that I remember from my own flight from Gatwick to YVR, they do take Credit Cards and pre-paid ones too"

___

VISA debit cards work in the same way as VISA Credit cards when making a payment.

Coquitlam, Canada
4. Re: Paying by card on Air Transat

Not all Banks have the Visa Debit

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
5. Re: Paying by card on Air Transat

"Not all Banks have the Visa Debit"

__

I didn't say they did. I was referencing your comment that Air Transat don't take debit cards. If the debit card is through one of the main CC providers (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) then they are accepted in the same way a credit card is.

Coquitlam, Canada
6. Re: Paying by card on Air Transat

essortment.com/can-debit-cards-used-places-a…

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
7. Re: Paying by card on Air Transat

Your link says just the same thing I've just said.

UK
reviews: 2
8. Re: Paying by card on Air Transat

I got a Halifax Clarity credit card that has no foreign exchange fees at all. Its the best credit card for travelling :) You get the best exchange rate on it as well so I'm not taking too much cash with me.

I am also travelling Air Transat and am not too concerned. I've read good and bad reviews but its the same with Air Canada. My parents recently flew into Europe from Edmonton on Air Canada and they said it was the worst fight ever! (both ways too) very cramped seats .

AC was £800 more for the flights so it was a no brainer for me

Enjoy your holiday

Coquitlam, Canada
9. Re: Paying by card on Air Transat

I know, a lot of airlines "like Air Canada and Air Transat and Thomas Cook", use the Airbus and it seems no mater what kind of Airbus it is, it's always cramped. I hate Airbus. Boing Aircraft seem to be the most comfortable, with more leg room. On Airbus, you are forced to pay extra to sit on an exit row for the extra space.

Reply to: Paying by card on Air Transat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted