We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

London, United...
reviews: 1
Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

Booked a ticket over a month ago - it was cancelled after a week by them.

Money was held, and then taken for this cancelled ticket.

I was told I would get the money back in 7-10 working days. 13 working days later I have had not a single penny, with cowboy, automated answers over email

I would not use this company ever again. I would definitely not recommend.

Any legal advice would be great.

32 replies to this topic
uk
reviews: 15
1. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

Sarah use the search function on this forum, put in Airfast tickets and see the many many many threads about the same thing.

If you paid by credit card raise a charge back with them, otherwise I fear your money is lost, this company is in trouble it has not paid for the flights it has booked in the last 2 months to the airlines and have this week been suspended from trading in flights.

Sorry not the good news you were hoping for.

Deb

London, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

no way... so my other flight isn't even booked?

I didn't even do this with a credit card - there is no way i can get the money back?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

Sorry you're in this predicament.

Air Fast Tickets has had its license to sell tickets suspended by IATA. They are in default of €14 million in the UK and €45 million in total across Europe. That means they've failed to pay the airlines €45 million in unpaid fares and charges.

But they appear to be trying to get around this by asking other agents to book flights for them, and may try other desperate measures.The Association of Atol Companies (AAC) has issued a specific warning to its member not to do this - http://bit.ly/1mBQAXC

So nobody looking at flights should touch them with a bargepole.

Sarah,

If you paid by credit card, then call your credit card company and dispute the charge.You should have protection and not have to pay the charge If you used a debit card that is covered by the likes of Visa then do the same; you don't have as much protection, but they will do what they can.

Good luck,

And reminder to others - Do NOT touch Air Fast Tickets with a BARGEPOLE.

London, UK
reviews: 111
4. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

I didn't even do this with a credit card - there is no way i can get the money back?

I don't think so. You broke both the golden rules for purchasing flights; 1) book direct with the airline or, if you must, a reputable travel agent (preferably one with a high-street presence, not someone you just found on the internet) and 2) pay by credit card. The paying by credit card is significant because if you don't get what you purchased, the credit card company will usually refund you the money you paid.

uk
reviews: 15
5. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

Sarah here is a link to Airfast tickets who post on here saying they are customer services.

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/AirFastTick…

Try sending them a message but really don't hold your breath on getting your flights or money back.

Deb

London, United...
6. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

Sarah,

Sorry to hear about this. Can you please send us a private message on our Facebook page at facebook.com/AirFastTicketsUk. Our apologies, however we are not able to process customer concerns over public forums. We will be able to assist you there more fully. Please have you AFT details handy. Again, terribly sorry about this and we will get this resolved pronto.

Sincerely,

Your AirFastTickets.co.uk Team

Llanelli, United...
reviews: 175
7. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

Oh great, now they have gone back to making people use Facebook to get their reasonable concerns heard.

What a shower these people are.

8. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, June 27, 2014

London
reviews: 73
9. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

Because how they handle their business is part of their incompetence (and I would argue, criminality, given IATA's recent actions).

ttgdigital.com/iata-places-ota-in-14m-defaul…

Edited: 9:16 am, June 27, 2014
London, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.

Sarah, irrelevant of what airfast tickets offer you, these dudes are in deep do do right now. Contact your bank and ask if your debit card provides any form of protection, some voluntarily do. It's a long shot but worth a try.

Also do you have travel insurance, worth checking if you are covered there.

Don't hold off speaking to the bank, ie waiting for an af refund, because if by chance your debit card does give protection, it will likely have a time limit.

If it was not so serious, you would have to laugh at airfast tickets,,,we can't answer complaints on a public forum, so contact us via Facebook, I wonder if they can see the irony in that?

Plus when a company is so very bad fhe only platform they can use to electronically communicate is a free Facebook account, because they can't do it via their own website, it alone raises a huge red flag.

Reply to: Air fast tickers - what a disgrace.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted