We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Milano to Nuremburg

Long Beach
reviews: 4
Travel from Milano to Nuremburg

Hello,

Towards the end of November, my husband and I will be traveling from Milano, Italy to Nuremburg, Germany. We are debating whether it would be better to fly or go by trains. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to travel at that time of year? We have enough time to get from one destination to the other and each have a rolling suitcase, not just a carry on one.

5 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
1. Re: Travel from Milano to Nuremburg

Train is always nice if you have the time. This isn't the simplest train ride. Probably best routing is via Bologna or Verona, then through Brenner to Munich and connecting to Nurnberg. Figure 10-12 hours. Don't think you can fly non-stop so probably connecting flight that would be 3-4 hours. Check Air Berlin and GermanWings to see what they offer.

Have fun.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
reviews: 58
2. Re: Travel from Milano to Nuremburg

There's a direct train from Milano Centrale to Munich, departing 21:35 arriving 06:30; Nuremberg is just over an hour from Munich by high-speed train. Check schedules and prices at www.bahn.de - if you book in advance you can save a lot.

Flying will require a change of plane.

Long Beach
3. Re: Travel from Milano to Nuremburg

Thank you for your quick responses. Do you think we may have trouble due to bad weather? It has been long time since we traveled by train in the winter and I seem to remember quite a few delays and missed connections due to snow on the tracks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
reviews: 58
4. Re: Travel from Milano to Nuremburg

I'd find it unlikely - certainly the line between Munich and Nuremberg is busy so would be clear. If you book it as a through journey on one ticket, and you are delayed on arrival, your connection is protected.

Long Beach
5. Re: Travel from Milano to Nuremburg

Thank you. Now we just have to compare prices train vrs plane.

Reply to: Travel from Milano to Nuremburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted