We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA v Virgin

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 1
BA v Virgin

As a family living overseas we travel to the UK twice a year. We have the option of BA or Virgin. Here we encounter a quandry...

BA without doubt have the better staff - more professional, more adult, more caring, more adept (in my experience) but their World Traveller Plus cabin is cramped, seats arent too comfortable and is basically the same as regular economy

Virgin, on the other hand, the Premium Economy cabin - particularly upsatirs, is huge, really spacious, much better seats and dedicated staff rather than shring with economy as BA do. BUT ... their staff is WAY below the BA standard. Generally younger, more out on a trip than being professional to their customers.

so .... having done both we go Virgin - at the end of the day its the seat and space that gives me more staisfaction although I still remain very unconvinced with their staff onboard.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
11. Re: BA v Virgin

I am member of Virgin Frequent Flyer and Flying Blue. Is BA club as easy to join? Never thought about that one. I am slipping!

If you are flying in economy then the Executive Club is a waste of time to be honest. You'll only earn 25% of the miles flown on the majority of cheap economy tickets and you won't get above Blue status.

Officially to join the Executive Club you to take a tier point earning flight. So either a flexible economy ticket or anything in premium economy or above. You could alternatively get yourself a BA American Express card and that'll get you an account.

As I said though, if you are only flying economy then you're best to look at some of the other oneworld alliance programmes. www.oneworld.com

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
12. Re: BA v Virgin

Thanks for that Speedbird, definitely worth looking into.

Bronia

UK
reviews: 88
13. Re: BA v Virgin

"Prefer to do more trips for my money, and therefore go economy; cant afford Premium Economy in Virgin. We must agree to disagree I think!"

Each to their own I agree, but I thought this whole discussion was on whose Economy Plus was better? :-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
14. Re: BA v Virgin

Oops Joe,

Yes, sorry, you are right! Just looked at the title and obviously didnt read the post properly. I stand corrected, but still prefer BA in general!

Cheers,

Bronia

London, United...
reviews: 1
15. Re: BA v Virgin

I'll second Bronjo above saying BA cabin crew are definitely more professional than Virgin. I have friends who work for Virgin and they it's a bit of a shambles behind the scenes compared to BA. I've also flown with some not very helpful cabin crew who thought they were on a jolly rather than there to serve customers.

Having said that I prefer Virgin's PE seats.

Swings and roundabouts...

16. Re: BA v Virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, September 16, 2009