We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special food options

Queensland Australia
reviews: 31
Special food options

I will be flying Qantas to San Francisco and need gluten and dairy free food.

If someone has had any experience with this I would be most grateful.

What are some of the things that I will be served?

Cheers

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Special food options

Ehrm, ok if you had to have a wild guess, what would you think?

Chicken, lamb, rice, potatoes, fruit, that sort of thing maybe?

Oh, and then if you google and see the multitude if information and pics people have posted on line, you could even have that confirmed.

Happy days indeed.

Shoalhaven...
reviews: 151
2. Re: Special food options

When you manage your booking online with Qantas you can select a special meal. HOWEVER, if you are truly concerned, then pack your own snacks and then pick/choose from the regular menu

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 3
3. Re: Special food options

I always select the gluten free option. On the way to Hong Kong a couple of years back we got some kind of chicken, can't remember what it came with, just remember being unimpressed.

I always pack a few bags of protein balls etc to supplement the meals, I always end up picking at them...it's airplane food after all.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 138
4. Re: Special food options

If you're travelling economy, why bother even thinking about it? It won't be anything special.

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 187
5. Re: Special food options

The options will likely vary, depending on the cabin-class. Might make all the difference in the world.

Not on Quantas, but UA usually offers several different meal options. However, and even in BFC and GFC, those might not be made available on the flight. I have had friends, who ordered Kosher, and did not get it in BFC on long-hauls - though mostly they have.

I also agree with the above suggestion to pack what you want - just take security restrictions (and also the comfort of near-by pax) into consideration.

Good luck, and fly safely,

Hunt

Reply to: Special food options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted