We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special assistance boarding with easyjet

Wales
reviews: 2
Special assistance boarding with easyjet

We're flying to Cyprus this year with easyjet. Two of our children have autism, I've requested special assistance but just wondered how (if) this works?

11 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

You should find the answers here.

http://support.easyjet.com/case-5759

wirral
reviews: 81
2. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

How does autism require special assistance from ground crew for those passengers affected?

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

Hi

Perhaps pre-boarding to get them settled, or maybe they need wheelchairs, or lots of things. Autism is such a coverall term, from Aspergers right through to being completely disabled, unable to walk or talk or understand or communicate with anyone. All have problems with anything out of the ordinary.

The special assistance is run by the airport, you check in at the assistance desk and you will be helped right up to taking your seat on the plane.

Good luck and gave a great holiday.

Jackie

UK
reviews: 27
4. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

with regards to how it works, it works the same as it would with any airline as it't the individual airports that are in charge of it not the airlines

Hertfordshire
reviews: 4
5. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

It's the airport that arranges it, so it depends on which airport you use. We flew from Luton and the outgoing flight the service was excellent. Coming home was a nightmare. We were taken off the flight and out in a room for 40 minutes with no explanation. The lady came and I pushed my dad and she pushed my mum (both in wheelchairs) and she complained the whole time, she was very rude.

If your children need time to settle on the flight then the SA will help. We were loaded into the plane first and seated before everyone else got on .

Hope your travels go well. Preparation and research are the key.

Sharron xx

Sorry forgot to say we flew with easyjet, flight crew were fantastic, both ways xx

Edited: 7:19 am, June 21, 2014
uk
reviews: 21
6. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

On your easyjet booking there will be a question do you require special assistance, answer that as in level of help required ie do you need a wheelchair, can you manage the steps etc.

Make sure you book it in advance don't leave it till you turn up at airport.

When you get to your airport look for easy jet special assistance desk, these are normally near the front of airport being one of first desks.

If you can't see ask. They will then sort out what arrangements you have booked.

Easy jet are very efficient in my experience.

The Special assistance is not run by easy jet but by the airport, but you need to precook it in advance.

Deb

uk
reviews: 21
7. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

Post 2 and 4 not helpful answers, the OP asked for help not to be quizzed on her children's disabilities that's not for you to judge, as for how it works like every other airport.

Explaining the procedure would have been much more helpful, than a flippant answer!

Deb

Surbiton
reviews: 51
8. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

Two of our children...............

=======================================

Which suggests there are at least five people travelling. I take it you've already booked seats if you want to sit together? It may seem obvious, but it's something it's easy to forget about.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
9. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

Hi

With special assistance your seats are booked by the airline, I think rows one to six are extra money seats and special assistance tends to be rows seven to ten. You don't have to prepay for your seats and if they are not together then it's a free phone number to Easyjet and they will sort it out. Just don't leave it to late, check in as soon as you can and phone immediately if you have a problem.

Jackie

Wigan, United...
reviews: 12
10. Re: Special assistance boarding with easyjet

http://www.ocs.co.uk/ This is the company who provide many of the airport assistance in the UK, http://www.ocs.co.uk/general-enquiry ask them if they provide it at your departure airport if they do you can ask them for any special assistance or a phone number to use as you approach the airport and they will meet you at the entrance or maybe at the carpark or taxi rank.

Hope it helps some people.

Carol

Reply to: Special assistance boarding with easyjet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted