We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 92
Airlines

Planning a trip to Greece & Spain in October. Can get great fares on some airlines that I've never heard of. Can anyone give me feedback on reliability of these airlines? Turkish Air, Aegean Air, Ryanair, Norwegian Air

21 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Airlines

Never flown Aegean Air but the rest are fine IMO. Turkish Airlines is a "traditional" full-service airline, Ryanair a low-cost carrier. Norwegian is sorta in between. Be aware that airlines in Europe, particularly low-cost carriers, strictly enforce things like luggage requirements. Best read up on the T&C of each airline and make your decision based on that.

Romford, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Airlines

check airlinequality.com but some of the carriers you mentioned are point to point carriers or no interline agreements-what is the source of these great fares?

Edited: 11:23 am, June 19, 2014
Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
3. Re: Airlines

I've flown with Aegean and will also fly again to Berlin in July.Very good airline with perfect service.

Grigoris

UK
reviews: 89
4. Re: Airlines

Planning a trip to Greece & Spain in October. Can get great fares on some airlines that I've never heard of

==========

Where are you flying from, because you wont get most of those airlines from Pittsburgh, and if you are thinking of connecting flights you could be heading into a world of hurt.

Loughborough...
reviews: 20
5. Re: Airlines

I entirely agree about Aegean. Excellent service, regularly wins "airline of the year" awards for its sector,

A full-service carrier, Star Alliance member. Economy and business class, through-checked baggage for bookings on one through ticket.

Turkish Airlines also has a good reputation and the same features as Aegean.

Ryanair - modern fleet, excellent safety record. You have to follow the rules, as you cannot expect them to accept bags half an inch over size, or help you if you miss the plane. Quite possible that only the first 90 cabin bags will make it on board, the rest are gate-checked. No through checked bags to/from any other flight, even their own, no connections. Biggest airline in Europe, measured by number of passengers carried. Cheap, but sometimes the traditional carriers can undercut them.

I've never flown Norwegian so cannot comment.

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: Airlines

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/turkish.htm

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/aegean.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/norwegian.htm

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 92
7. Re: Airlines

Ill be in NYC, so flying out of JFK

Limerick, Ireland
8. Re: Airlines

Consider Aerlingus.com / from JFK via Dublin

You can then use U.S. Customs in Dublin

on the return journey.

Youtube " U S Customs at Dublin airport "

good luck.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 24
9. Re: Airlines

If you want to know more about Ryanair, I urge you to do a search on this forum. Also do a full web search using the terms "Ryanair worst airline".

uk
reviews: 21
10. Re: Airlines

Post 9 how do you come to the conclusion Ryan Air are words worst airline? 80 million people a year take flights with them a year, most seem to get there and back just fine.

It's the ones who don't think the rules apply to them that get caught out.

Deb

Reply to: Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted