We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vayama - Don't use Vayama

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 7
Vayama - Don't use Vayama

My friend and I purchased airline tickets through this third party carrier. We had no idea of reviews because we used a popular search site. She purchased her ticket first, I then purchase mine. A few days later she realized her card had not been charged and she had not recieved a confirmation e-mail. My card had been charged right away. I look at my confirmation e-mail to discover my ticket had her name on it, we then called customer service and gave them the requisite informatiom. They had three reservations under my friends name and cancelled all three but somehow put her name on my ticket. I have been fighting with them a week nowfor a refund. I have spoken to what sounds like the same guy with different names all to no avail. They have not even offered to cancel and get another ticket. My friend has since went onto to American Airlines and got her ticket. I am stuck. Any suggestions, comments? I am considering getting my family attorney involved. What recourse do I have? They e-mailed me the confirmation e-mail with the glaring mistake.

16 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 89
1. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

We had no idea of reviews because we ....

-------

..... Were just too struck by the idea of saving five bucks to bother spending one minute to check.

Find a post from vayamavoice in here (use google) and send them a private message.

UK
2. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

-------

..... Were just too struck by the idea of saving five bucks to bother spending one minute to check.

Find a post from vayamavoice in here (use google) and send them a private message.

UK
3. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

-------

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
4. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

joe

Boosting your post count again?

UK
5. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

joe

Boosting your post count again?

------

No

:-)

London, United...
reviews: 23
6. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

Lol,,,is it a game? Like the ministers cat?

We had no idea of reviews because we....

Were stuck in the middle of the North Pole with limited wifi access....

Who's next? :-)?

Edited: 1:41 pm, June 10, 2014
UK
7. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

Sorry couldn't resist that :-)

Note the useful info regards Vayama Voice that the OP likely wasn't aware of. And here's some more. tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/VayamaVoice Click on that and select send message

And another two posts added as well. At £20 a post it all adds up.

Edited: 1:43 pm, June 10, 2014
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 84
8. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

Right, because Vayama PAY you, right, Joe?

I really don't understand people who are willing to risk large sum of the their hard-earned money on a company they find in a search engine without doing any research....

UK
9. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

Right, because Vayama PAY you, right, Joe?

=======

If only. I'm working on a scheme where they'd pay me NOT to post :-)

Less work.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
reviews: 30
10. Re: Vayama - Don't use Vayama

I completely agree with you. I used Vayama to buy a ticket and realized that I would like to go a day earlier for various reasons. So I contacted them and they gave me a quote of $150 to change the ticket. Fine. So I went ahead and booked a hotel for the extra night. Two days later Vayama wrote back and said "oops", it's not $150, it's $1,100!! Apparently, they give you the quote and don't see if there are actually seats available on the flight you want and the class you want. So I lost the money for the hotel.

If you call them, they are very hard to understand. They are not native English speakers and they don't really seem do know what they're doing.

The whole experience was a nightmare and I will never use them again.

Reply to: Vayama - Don't use Vayama
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted