We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 36
Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

I've booked an internal flight in the US with Bravofly (US Airways) through Bravofly. I've worked out that I've booked a date that won't work (a week out). We've called to see if we can change the date. They've said they will email us once they've checked if a flight is available, but no email yet. I've checked and there is a flight available (exactly the same flight, one week earlier).

Just wondering if anyone has had a positive or negative experience, and advice on how I could maximise my chances of actually getting this flight changed?

Thanks

Nadine

21 replies to this topic
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 23
1. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

There are a great many Bravofly-threads on this forum - with an even greater number of complaints and stories of lack of customers service.

You could send a PM to the user "Bravofly" or wait a bit as that user tend to monitor this forum every now and again.

And next time book directly with the airline to get cheaper tickets and easier to handle customer service. The only think Bravofly does when you book through them is go on the airline website and book the ticket in your name.

Sydney, Australia
2. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

Thanks Wiskey Traveller. Yes, I only saw the negative threads after I had booked the tickets- annoying, should have looked before. I'll give it 48 hours maybe and then PM the user, as you've suggested- thanks!

Chiasso, Switzerland
3. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

Dear NaddyBrenny,

We're sorry that you've had cause to write here regarding your change request. Our Customer Care Team will be looking into your request as we speak, however the time taken to get back to you does depend on both the number of requests we have and the availability of the airline.

If you send me your 9-digit Bravofly ID in private i'll check the status and see if we can speed up the process.

Best, Sofia

Terrigal, Australia
reviews: 362
4. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

a little bit of research on these forums would have saved you some angst - hope all goes well for you - previous posters have had similar issues - and usually it ends up costing them $$s to change flights with bravofly - as previously suggested booking direct with the airline is the most risk free method............................

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 20
5. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

Hi Nadine,

I booked a flight via Bravofly and changed my outbound flight. I was very worried considering all the complaints online, but I found the process suprisingly pain-free. I called the Australian number and asked to change my flight. They then sent me an email the next evening outlining the changes and the additional fees. In the email you can press a button to confirm the changes and a person will call you the next day. I made a payment over the phone and had a confirmation email sent to me a few minutes later.

It only cost me about AUD$100 for the change although I am sure it changes depending on the airline, time of year etc.

Good luck!

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

Thanks @s_phung

It ended up taking them about 6 days to get back to us. The cost of changing our tics was $50 more than just buying new flight outright straight from the airline themselves. I do believe that was due to the airline though. My error, so just had to bite the bullet and buy brand new flights.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 103
7. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

Your error was not booking directly with US Airways.

8. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, August 08, 2014

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 95
9. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

Kelly - please stop spamming the board.

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 26
10. Re: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly

Kelly I'm sorry for your loss but please only post your message once. You run the risk of having them all deleted as spam if you repeatedly post the same message.

Reply to: Trying to change a flight with Bravofly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted