We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

london
Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

I seem to go through this every year! I was worried last year and the year before that the return leg of our trip to Thailand would be AVOD free and my kids would kill me and drive me mad. Was assured that all planes were retrofitted and indeed this turned out to be the case. Have just gone ahead and booked another London/Bangkok return for August. Flight out is on Airbus but flight back on 747. Whilst choosing seats I notice that both seat expert and seat guru show this aircraft with overhead screams and no Avod. Yikes!!!!! Is this right???

14 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

As far as I can tell seat back AVOD is not available on the 747 but is available on the A340

thaiairways.com/thai-services/in-the-air/en/…

london
2. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

Uh oh! Thanks Tom. I was sure that they had all been upgraded, except perhaps one that was going out of service. I think I have made a terrible mistake! Hopefully GOPBI will be around to confirm.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

Not got any tablets to load up with games and movies just in case?

london
4. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

Yes we will definitely be up to our ears with iPads, games etc but I will still be enemy number 1. It doesn't help that we were lucky enough to fly back from the states recently business class and my 7 year old daughter is already asking about where her "bed" will be and will they have duvets and pillows etc. No seat back entertainment and squashed in with her parents and brother for 12 hours is going to be quite tiring. Let's hope for an aircraft change !

London, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

I flew from London to Bangkok on a Thai 747 on 12 April (TG911) in economy and it had AVOD. Feature films, tv programs, music etc etc.

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 156
6. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

<<Whilst choosing seats I notice that both seat expert and seat guru show this aircraft with overhead screams and no Avod.>>

I think that the "screams" will come from the kiddies, when they realize that Daddy messed up... [Grin]

Oh, you mean "screens... " Never mind.

Fly safely, and hope that the kiddies finally forgive you - maybe sometimes after grad school?

Hunt

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
7. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

I am pretty sure all their 747s have it now

London, United...
reviews: 87
8. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

I think I know what I'd tell my 7 year old if she was lucky enough to be going on her (at least) 3rd trip to Thailand....

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
9. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

Hi,

Yes, all their remaining 744's are now IFE equipped across the whole Y cabin. There is one that is not done - and will it be done..

It tends to be used only on their BKK-HKT and CNX v.v. services to provide for higher lift (cargo) than a narrow body (or WE "Smile" aircraft can) to accommodate Thai Post mail and cargo movements in these two key markets.

That one "odd" 744 is slated to be the next aircraft up for ultimate removal from passenger service side, and pending modification to a -BCF to join the new cargo arm of TG.

However, do remember that Thai can, like most all carriers, implement a substitute aircraft at any time, and usually with no required notice to you, nor compensatory element.

Travel Safe,

london
10. Re: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August

Thanks GOPBI and everyone else. Ha ha Tigga you are quite right! They are very lucky children and They know it but at 1am in the morning when they are bored and tired it helps to pretend we haven't noticed them watching slightly non age appropriate tv shows and playing computer games they don't have on their iPads.

Reply to: Thai 910 Boeing 747 All Series Passenger 24th August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted