We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

Cupertino...
reviews: 8
Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has heard or used the http://senturia.aero to book air tickets. I have never heard this company before and I just want to make sure this is a legit site to book from. I searched TA forums for "senturia" and no hit. ..

It directed us from skyscanner.com when we selected a flight we liked.

If someone could let us know, I would very much appreciate. Thank you!

59 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

Are you flying to Cyprus or are you Cypriot? I'm not sure why you would want to use a Cypriot agency other than if you think it's cheaper. Which it's not going to be.

I'm sure you have read the terms and conditions, which explains their prices are not live, once you complete the online form you are legally bound as you have then contracted them to go to the airline and buy your tickets from them for you, once they have done this, they will tell you the price and you will have to pay it or pay a cancellation charge. Obviously you could just go to the airline and buy them yourself.

I'm pretty sure they will add a commission on to the airline price, they are not going to go and buy your ticket for free. So ultimately it will be more expensive than doing it yourself.

Personally I would not use them,,,,not now, not ever. Well done in asking before buying,,many people don't then complain on here afterwards.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

Book direct with the airline. Skyscanner re-direct to some 'dodgy' 3rd party agents.

Cupertino...
3. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

Hi FoggyEngland and Hans_DEN,

Thank you so much for your reply. When we searched air fare from San Francisco to Madrid, Skyscanner showed very, very reasonable price - at first we were happy as other sites we normally use (like cheaptickets.com) were much more expensive. But then, since I have been following TA forums and reading so many scams, regrets and surprises, I checked their terms and cancellation policies. They were so vague about their terms, never specified any, I got confused with their statements. There is also no company info or phone numbers (at least I could not find) on their web sites, which according to experienced TA members, is a sign that we have to be suspicious.

I am glad that I asked you all before we proceeded. However, dealing with airlines directly cost a lot... we are not very experienced for it. My friend and I will keep looking for a good deal!

Edited: 1:49 am, May 12, 2014
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
4. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

CY, the "good deal" does not exist. Too many people come here after they've gotten a "good deal", only to say the tickets were cancelled and they have now to pay far more than it would have cost booking direct in the first place, or the tickets had some problem and they've lost their money. Don't be one of them.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
5. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

London, United...
reviews: 23
6. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

Their terms and conditions are quite clear and their company info is posted on their website, bottom left hand corner where it says " about us".

You won't get it cheaper than the airline, do book direct.

Terrigal, Australia
reviews: 348
7. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

<<<<<<<<<<<<<I am glad that I asked you all before we proceeded. However, dealing with airlines directly cost a lot..>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

dealing directly with airlines takes most of the worry out of travelling - if something goes wrong just talk directly to the airline - dealing directly with airlines - minimizes risk which is very difficult to put a $ value on......dealing with a 3rd party always involves risk - just do a search on these forums (as you already have)...................book directly with the airline !

UK
reviews: 89
8. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

However, dealing with airlines directly cost a lot.

------

And in most cases, dealing with a third party costs more in the end. Don't be suckered by adverts which are little more than lies.

Edited: 3:14 am, May 12, 2014
Cupertino...
9. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

YorkFoodie, Hans_DEN, froggyEngland, Vada, and Joinetheuk

Thank you all for your advice. I will deal directly with airlines.

<<their terms are clear<<

I guess I do not understand as good as you do, nor a good at finding things in sites … unfortunately. It says that for cancelation and refund, it depends on each airlines and their condition, so every time is different. Refunds are back to purchaser 7 days after airline refund the senturia.aero., They also will take 2% of the entire fare… I mean, I understand it, but I am used to see condition such as cancelation policy: 2weeks advance, 100% refund, 3 days, 80%, plus processing fee of $50, etc…

In their site, it says it sounds like it depends on case by case.

Ok, it is clearly stated what they mean – I just do not feel comfortable with what they state and that was the reason I posted this.

I am a novice in terms of booking air tickets (I used to just go travel agencies and let them book hotel & flight, and then started using cheaptickets.com – that’s all I ever done, except SouthWest.)

Someone was asking this question before: how to compare the airlines and book directly when there are many of them exist? The answer was to use Kayak, I guess Expedia as well? I can modify, cancel, and reschedule flights through cheaptickets account. But never known/paid attention to if I was dealing directly or it was a third party.

Hans_DEN suggested matrix.itasoftware.com which was great site to compare – the site suggested to bring the quote to travel agencies. Someone in another forum question recommended to actually go to local travel agencies. Or after the matrix search, go to individual airline sites.

I realize this is the most exhausted question – but if you could I would appreciate your help - I am just overwhelmed with information available

If you are business travelers, perhaps, this is not an issue at all, but for a budget and beginner travelers who need air tickets for multiple cities, which sites would you recommend to use to compare and figure out? Would you exclusively use one site to do a search? Or would it be best to go to travel agencies after getting quote? Or search the price and book directly and individually each tickets with airline's own sites?

We are going to Europe the end of August flying, San Francisco to Madrid, Barcelona to London, Rome or Milan to Athens, Athens to Japan, maybe from japan to Malaysia/Singapore, then to Japan or San Francisco. We will utilize bus, train, and ferries for cities between.

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 74
10. Re: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website

As a very (over) generalised rule, the cheapest fares on any airline and whether direct or not are non changeable/refundable. If you want flexibility it will cost you and is why it is better to go direct so that you can check the terms and conditions of the ticket you buy.

Having said that, and with such an ambitious itinerary - not sure if it's even doable - it can be useful to sit down with a reputable travel agent and go through all the options which will take some time.

In the UK that would be agents like Trailfinders - you must have some sort of equivalent in SF if that is where you're based. I doubt you'd be able to do all you've proposed on one airline booking engine anyway and you have to be very careful with non-connected/non partner airlines and tickets.

Reply to: Air tickets booking using senturia.aero website
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted