We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

We have been asked if we would like extra space seats on our Dreamliner flights to and from Jamaica. These are apparently in rows 10-13. However no one is able,(or willing) to tell us how much legroom these seats have compared to the standard 33"-34" legroom seats. At another £40 per person, we would like to know if the cost is worthwhile. We know row 10 may be a bulkhead or exit row but what about the rows behind? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..Sandra

91 replies to this topic
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
30,237 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

Hi Sandra,

The rows 11-13 A/B/C & G/H/J have 36" seat pitch. Yes Row 10 is bulkhead which is the first row of the Economy cabin.

Angie.

halifax
7 posts
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

We are booked to go to Punta Cana on the Dreamliner and have been told row 30 B&C are just a two with extra legroom - can anyone confirm this please?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
24,956 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

They are exit seats, and there are 3 of them A/B/C but only B/C are classed as extra legroom. They are also close to the toilets.

Row 30

http://tinyurl.com/l8kt9af

Seatplan of aircraft

http://tinyurl.com/7v9jksk

halifax
7 posts
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

Many thanks for the info - so there are only 2 x 2 seats at the back of plane- is that correct?

Julie

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
24,956 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

Yes, just one row of '2s' Row 39 seats A/C G/J.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,237 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

Hi Julie

Here is a photo of Row 39 G/J which might be of help to you.

http://tinyurl.com/ml7x5cl

Angie.

Kent, United Kingdom
5 posts
1 review
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

Hi Angie we have been reading all the good advice you have given people regarding Thomson Dreamliner Seat Plans. We have booked to go to Mauritius next April on the Dreamliner with extra space seats (NOT extra leg room). Do we take it from what you have said that these are rows 10-13ABC, GHI, and if so, is any row preferable to any other? In the past when having booked extra leg room seats the bulkhead partitions have proved very restrictive.

Kind regards

Claire

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
24,956 posts
44 reviews
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

Extra space could also be exit or bulkhead seats. From Thomsons website

"These include seats that are close to, or next to, emergency exit doors, behind a bulkhead, or behind a dividing wall. If you fly in one of our 787 Dreamliners, they may also be located in the first 4 rows of the Economy Club cabin. "

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,237 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

Hi Claire,

Leyland above has given you the answer to your question :) Just to reiterate Row 10 A/BC, D/E/F G/H/J are extra space/legroom where Row 11-13 you get 36" seat pitch only in seats A/B/C & G/H/J.

My personal preference would personally be Row 10 even though they are bulkhead you will have plenty of legroom and no one to recline their seat on to your personal space.

Angie.

Kent, United Kingdom
5 posts
1 review
10. Re: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.

Hi Angie

Many thanks to you and Leyland for your replies. We just find it confusing when Thomsons quote Extra Space seats and Extra Legroom seats as two separate choices and for me personally at 5' 10" it's needing to stretch my legs out in front of me. When we flew out to Sharm earlier this year on a new Thomson 767? we had a very comfortable flight in Extra Space seats 16 A&B over the wing with loads of room and I would be more than happy if we had that amount of legroom on the Dreamliner. I will be keeping a keen eye out for when they open the seating plan choices!

Claire

Reply to: Thomson Dreamliner extra space seating.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted