We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

bay area ca
Level Contributor
88 posts
Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

bought two tix to hawaii , but at time of purchase our seats on the way to hawaii our separate. Any suggestions on how i can get the airline to potentially get us seats sitting next to each other? sitting separate on our first trip to hawaii i think will kinda suck , so reaching out for help , thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
964 posts
1. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

which airline? is there an option to pay to reserve seats?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
314 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

hawaiin airline's noted in title, but to answer and I am no expert couldn't you just jump straight on soon as online check in opens and find 2 together and lock them in? hope this helps

cheers

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,870 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

Can't you change the seats yourself via the Hawaiian Airlines website? Just enter the booking information and select your new seats. I've personally only flown Hawaiian once (for inter-island), but as I recall I was able to do pretty much everything I needed to do via their website.

-JimG

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
98 reviews
4. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

Have you called the airline and asked?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
8,773 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

If you booked through HA directly you just go to their website, put in your confirmation number and select whatever seats are available.

If you did not book direct your only option is to call them and have them select your seats.

bay area ca
Level Contributor
88 posts
6. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

i booked the tix directly on the site but there were no two seats next to each other…there were just scattered single seats…is there anything i can do to get them to give us seats next to each other ??

Madrid
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

If all the other seats are taken,then the answer is no.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,870 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

You do realize that all the other seats are occupied by other passengers, right? What would you have them do - choose another passenger and move them to another seat (possibly breaking up that passenger's group), just to accommodate you? You booked the flight (knowing that there were no seats together) and chose your seats. The airline cannot manufacture empty seats out of thin air, and will not randomly move other passengers to make room for you. You'll just have to sit in the seats that you selected.

Your only chance at this point is to wait until OLCI and see if they have held back any seats for "status" passengers. Sometimes these seats are made available to general passengers in the last 24 hours before departure, and if so then you may be able to switch into them when you check in.

Note that seat assignments are *requests* and that the airline is not contractually obligated to honor them. Airlines need this flexibility in case of a last minute equipment change, so seat choices are never guaranteed.

-JimG

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
74 reviews
9. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

Hi,

Agree with # 5.. You've just got to keep looking or asking HA, be that via their website if you can access it, or via phone if not.

At the end of the day, only HA controls seating. If by chance you don't get seats assigned* next to each other before travel, my next best suggestion is to arrive at the airport early and ask the local check-in staff, or gate agents at the actual boarding gate.

Airlines usually don't allow 100% of the seats to be pre-assigned, so I'll bet that HA will have some seats "held back" for their airport staff to use to resolve seating issues (like a special needs passenger, etc) and if anyone upgrades at the airport (or gate) from Economy to First, then those now-vacated Economy seats might also be available as well.

(Note: As a reminder, seat assignments are almost never a guaranteed item, and the carrier is free to change them at their sole discretion and with no advanced notice to you, or right to compensation so long as you are still seated in your ticketed cabin.)

Travel Safe,

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
92 reviews
10. Re: Hawaiian Airline seat change issue….

JimG said it best. If there were no together seats at the time of booking, then that means that other folks are occupying the seats already. You can try to be nice and trade a seat after you get on the plane, but be considerate of those who have actually already paid for their seat selection.