We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

Peterborough...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
reviews: 129
Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

I'm really stressed right now. I have a flight in 10 hours from now and I tried to check in online. Then I added a hold luggage and proceeded to pay. However something happened and I got the message that there are outstanding charges in my booking and I have to contact the customer service. Of course it is closed now and it won't open before my flight. I cannot even see my booking now. I just get this message again and again.

Had someone else such problem before? I 'd hate to pay all these airport fees tomorrow.

17 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
1. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

Did you book direct with Ryanair or a third party site?

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

Ouch. Could easily be a third party booking. Never book Ryanair with a third party.

Also why have you left it so late to check in? You need to leave yourself wriggle room in case something like this happens.

Peterborough...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
3. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

I booked it directly through their website and I left it until so late because I wasn't sure if I needed a suitcase.

Peterborough...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
4. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

The only thing I can see myself doing is just go at the airport much earlier, see what the issue is at the desk and then go online and do check in.. I guess the only extra charge will be the 15 euro for checking in without printing.

The weird thing is that the seat I "purchased" seems booked now so I guess I have booked the luggage and seat but they haven't been paid?!?

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

So is it not letting you check in at all now? I'd take screenshots of everything you've attempted, print it out and explain to them at the check in desk that you tried to add luggage, came up with an error and it wouldn't allow you to check in. Better than just paying the fees without question.

Peterborough...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
6. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

Yes! I'm not even allowed to see my flight details now. It does not make sense at all. Normally when card is declined you are given the option of trying another card.

I'm getting my laptop there and prove everything to them! I'm glad Athens airport has free wifi everywhere! I have also sent them complaints with screenshots.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 23
7. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

Well hopefully even if you have to pay at the time they may offer a refund afterwards if you can prove you tried to check in and add luggage. It is late in the day to be arranging things however Ryanair do state this "After the booking is made checked baggage can be added to a reservation via the Manage My Booking facility up to 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. The checked baggage fees are charged per person/per one way flight."

So technically you should be able to add a bag at the moment. Similarly, you should be allowed to check in online up to 2 hours before the flight. So clearly there has been a technical problem and they may sort it out at a later date if not tomorrow (but don't get your hopes up).

Edited: 6:48 pm, April 19, 2014
London.UK
reviews: 1
8. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

It may just be coincidence but I have seen reports elsewhere of payments by Visa having verification problems in the last few hours, all the reports so far seem to relate to payments being made in the Uk to Uk supermarkets though.

Edited: 8:16 pm, April 19, 2014
Kent, UK
reviews: 65
9. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

Please update after your flight with the result

Peterborough...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
10. Re: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!

Well..after a sleepless night I went at the airport 3 hours before departure. I explained the situation and the person at the desk said that the payment did not go through and appeared as pending. She then charged my credit card manually and advised me to check in with my phone and show them the boarding pass. They printed the boarding pass for me and I didn't have to pay any fees.

I'm so glad!!

Thank you all for your replies :)

Reply to: Urgent!Problem with Ryanair!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted