We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch - too late to add food?

whitley bay
reviews: 32
Monarch - too late to add food?

Hi :)

I checked in on Monday for my outbound flight with monarch. Is it now too late to add meals?

I know this may seem a daft question but I read the website prior and it said meals can be added anytime from booking to 24hrs before, nothing specific about after check-in but now the facility is only there for the return flight which I'm yet to check in for.

I was undecided about meals and this may have made the decision for me...

Thanks in advance :)

21 replies to this topic
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

Once you've checked in you can't make any changes to your booking.

whitley bay
2. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

Thanks, I thought that might be the case...it just wasn't clear to me with the wording.

I'm only querying as I just realised Leeds-Bradford don't have a Boots and I was planning on getting a meal deal or such like before we boarded - never mind!! :)

Berkshire, England
reviews: 61
3. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

Can you take some snacks/sandwiches from home and just buy drinks after you have gone through security or have a meal at the airport before you fly?

London, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

Yes, just take sandwiches with you and you can always pop into wh smith, worst case.

whitley bay
5. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

Yes I think that might be my best option Traveller...I just wasnt too sure about taking food through security? Does it have to be packaged or can it be home made?

We don't fly till 14:20 but will be leaving home about 8am as not flying local so were hoping to just grab something from airport - want till I read another query on here last night and looked at the airport facilities that I realised they're pretty limited.

There's always a panini on board I suppose!!

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

Yes your allowed food through security only liquid your not , but u can buy that when your passed passport control,I would take a sandwich from home,

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
7. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

I'd either stop somewhere en route for a meal, or buy some sandwiches when you're closer to the airport. I wouldn't fancy eating food that had been unrefrigerated for that length of time.

whitley bay
8. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

Thanks - think ill plan my route to airport via a supermarket!!

Problem solved :) Many thanks x

Cumbria
reviews: 19
9. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

Go to Murgatroyds fish & chip restaurant which is a mile from the airport. Probably less!

That's what myself & friends always do if flying early afternoon.

Just google.

Hants, UK
reviews: 17
10. Re: Monarch - too late to add food?

I would make some sandwiches at home far nicer and cheaper. If you're worried about the refrigeration put it in a cool bag in the car with an ice pack and just leave that in the car.

Reply to: Monarch - too late to add food?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted