We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair online check-in deadlines

CUMBRIA
reviews: 5
Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Hi all

Just thought I would post this in-case it helps anyone waiting to check in for their flight. The new Ryanair check-in times state that if you have not paid to select your seat you can check in for your flight 7 days before. However I have checked in for my flights to and from Tenerife leaving 16th April and returning 23rd April so the 15 day check-in time is still working on the website even if you haven't paid to select your seats. I also mentioned this on another post as we (as a family of 5) have also been allocated seats together across one row. Very happy with the new changes up to now :-)

59 replies to this topic
Preston, United...
1. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

That's interesting to know as we're flying to Malaga at the end of May. We're also a family of 5 and I was hoping to not have to pay to be sat together. I'm going to keep checking via 'manage my booking' to see the current status of reserved seats. As I keep checking, if a lot start to get taken up then I'll pay the £50 to make sure we're sat together. but if there's a big majority that are free, then I'll take the risk. I'll try to check in 15 days before and see what happens :)

UK
reviews: 89
2. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

I thought the 7 day period started in early April. It may not be in operation quite yet.

Preston, United...
3. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Ah yes, it's meant to be today. So I'm presuming that at some point today it will change

Preston, England...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

yep 8th of April it starts

CUMBRIA
5. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

it does say from the 8th April onwards so I would have thought it would be active already?

Might still be worth keeping an eye on it for any upcoming flights?

Re allocated seating, I had the same plan as you Sarah - to keep an eye on how many seats were being taken by pre-bookers but there were still lots of seats free when I checked in. I pressed the check in button and closed my eyes!haha But as I say, we are all together on both flights so I would say that it doesn't look as though they are separating people if they don't have to. Big thumbs up from me!

Preston, United...
6. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Lol, that's what I'll probably do! With my fingers and toes crossed too ha ha :)

Paisley
reviews: 13
7. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

Last year I was given 15 days to check in which meant there was no problem in checking in both ways for the standard fortnight's holiday before leaving home. I've just discovered the reduction to seven days which I think is mean. There is no technical reason for this so I can only assume that it is looked upon as another cash generator because it is so difficult to print out paperwork while on holiday.

Ryanair did say that they were going to become more customer friendly. This action says otherwise and so Ryanair will remain as my least favourite airline and one that I will make even more effort to avoid in future.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
8. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

it is so difficult to print out paperwork while on holiday.

---------------------------

No it's not. Your hotel front desk will do it for you, the hotel business centre or lobby computer is there for you, your friendly Internet cafe is there for you, you can even check in and get your boarding passes on your smartphone.

Why do you find this so difficult?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 19
9. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

The seven day check in is to allow those who want to choose and pay for prebooked seats to get their choice.

Seven days before flying , Ryanair can allocate those seats that are left.

Doesn`t sound unreasonable to me as everyone can have the maximum choice.

Graham

10. Re: Ryanair online check-in deadlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:37 pm, August 03, 2014

Reply to: Ryanair online check-in deadlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted