We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium Economy - Air NZ v Qantas

Melbourne
reviews: 52
Premium Economy - Air NZ v Qantas

How does the new PE config on Air NZ compare to Qantas PE?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne
reviews: 1
1. Re: Premium Economy - Air NZ v Qantas

I haven't flown Qantas PE but I believe it's very good. The Air NZ Spaceseat is brilliant. However, that said, I have read some criticisms from tall people that they don't find there's enough leg room - although definitely more than bog-standard economy - but I'm only 5'2" so this is not a problem for me.

Also the Spaceseat is not on all Air NZ long-haul flights, for example MEL-AKL-SFO has the older PE which is not as good (not sure how it compares to QF).

It might depend on where you are flying from and to, keep in mind that NZ flights tend to go via AKL, so if you're travelling to the US then this is OK, but if you were planning to travel to the UK, then you're really going the 'long way round' (MEL-AKL-LAX-LHR).

Actually I just re-read your question, when you say "new PE config", do you mean the Spaceseat? Apart from the new Dreamliner which will go into service in October (I think), is there another new PE?

Melbourne
reviews: 1
2. Re: Premium Economy - Air NZ v Qantas

Ran out of time to edit, if you did mean the new PE on the Dreamliner, there is some information here: airlinereporter.com/2013/… and I believe the first planned route will be AKL-PER. It does look quite comfy with the leg and foot rest on each seat.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Premium Economy - Air NZ v Qantas

Having on both Qantas and Air New Zealand PE,I would definitely say that Qantas has a far superior product.The seats are much more comfortable than the spaceseats.I went with the 747's and look forward to trying PE on the A380 later in the year.By the way ,The flight attendants and service was very very good on both airlines.The config on Air NZ seem to be more spacious but as I said,seats were not as comfortable as Qantas

Edited: 9:08 am, April 07, 2014
Melbourne
reviews: 52
4. Re: Premium Economy - Air NZ v Qantas

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the responses. I'm referring to the capsule style on the 7777-300ER. Melbourne - Auckland - LA.

I've flown Qantas PE before. It's very good, but quite a bit more expensive.

5. Re: Premium Economy - Air NZ v Qantas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:11 pm, April 07, 2014
Edited: 9:11 pm, April 07, 2014

Reply to: Premium Economy - Air NZ v Qantas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted