We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air China

San Francisco
reviews: 8
Air China

I'm trying to find some **recent** information on Air China. We are scheduled to fly on their new Boeing 777-300ER in "Forbidden Pavillion" class which is their version of first class nonstop from PEK to SFO in August. That said, most of what I'm finding online people are saying they wouldn't put their worst enemy on Air China. That aircraft and its version of "Forbidden Pavillion" are pretty new so I'm just wondering if anyone has recent experience with it specifically and if it's a dramatic improvement from the horror stories I've read of older Air China. It seems like they are trying to turn things around but I really don't want to feel like I'm flying Southwest Airlines in a fancier seat for 12 hours. Nothing against Southwest, they are great for what they are but I wouldn't want to be stuck on them for 12 hours either!

I did find a rather glowing review of business class on the Boeing 777-300ER but just curious if anyone has had an experience recently "up front". Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Air China

airliners.net/aviation-forums/…

boardingarea.com/onemileatatime/…

Edited: 12:30 pm, March 30, 2014
San Francisco
2. Re: Air China

Thanks! I'd seen and have been communicating with the author of the Boarding Area one. His trip report is for Business Class...I can only imagine First would be slightly better. He did say not to expect much in the way of the soft product.

I'll check out the airliners.net forum in a bit. I appreciate you passing that along.

San Francisco
3. Re: Air China

For your first link above, it's about China Airlines. People often confuse the two. China Airlines is supposed to be better than Air China though. :(

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
4. Re: Air China

Try having a look at this link Kurt, it may be of interest to you.

fabflyer.net/air-china-b777-300-forbidden-pa…

San Francisco
5. Re: Air China

Thank you. I had seen that review as well. I'm not a naive American who thinks everyone should know English but when you are sending crews on routes that are predominately English-speaking, crew resource scheduling should plan accordingly and put English speakers on board. It seems to be a common complaint that communicating with the crews is often very difficult...much as this reader points out.

I really appreciate you taking the time to research and post that. Cheers!

San Francisco
6. Re: Air China

I just want to sort of "refresh" this post and see if anyone out there has flown recently on Air China and in their "Forbidden Pavillion" First Class on the 777-300ER. If so, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!

Reply to: Air China
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted