We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

NYC
reviews: 21
YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

Flying from JFK to YVR with a connection time at YYZ of 1 hour, 35 minutes. Both flights Air Canada. I know AC considers it a legal connection, but it seems tight. Can I make it? Would not having checked baggage improve my odds? Thanks.

Edited: 6:12 pm, March 25, 2014
5 replies to this topic
Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 36
1. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

Carry-on would certainly make it easier, but you should still be OK with 1:35. Also consider your backup plans. You're flying YYZ-YVR, and AC probably has a dozen flights per day on that route, so if you missed the connection, there should be lots of later flights they can get you on.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
2. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

The legal min. connecting time is one hour, so you should be fine.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
3. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

I just took a look at today's arrivals, all CRJ's - and 2 of them came in at the F gates. Depending on gates, this can be a long walk - so don't dawdle and be prepared.

Canada
reviews: 48
4. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

The connection time is ok provided you leave jfk on time. I often fly jfk toronto london (ont) and almost never leave jfk on time.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
5. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

If people were constantly missing their flight due to too little connecting time, they wouldn't keep making it a legal connection and screwing up their day by having to move passengers around. I rarely get people who miss their flighs on legal connections, the times are set for a reason and they are certainly doable most of the time or they would change it.

Reply to: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted