We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

NYC
Level Contributor
144 posts
21 reviews
YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

Flying from JFK to YVR with a connection time at YYZ of 1 hour, 35 minutes. Both flights Air Canada. I know AC considers it a legal connection, but it seems tight. Can I make it? Would not having checked baggage improve my odds? Thanks.

Edited: 6:12 pm, March 25, 2014
Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

Carry-on would certainly make it easier, but you should still be OK with 1:35. Also consider your backup plans. You're flying YYZ-YVR, and AC probably has a dozen flights per day on that route, so if you missed the connection, there should be lots of later flights they can get you on.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

The legal min. connecting time is one hour, so you should be fine.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,263 posts
192 reviews
3. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

I just took a look at today's arrivals, all CRJ's - and 2 of them came in at the F gates. Depending on gates, this can be a long walk - so don't dawdle and be prepared.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

The connection time is ok provided you leave jfk on time. I often fly jfk toronto london (ont) and almost never leave jfk on time.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

If people were constantly missing their flight due to too little connecting time, they wouldn't keep making it a legal connection and screwing up their day by having to move passengers around. I rarely get people who miss their flighs on legal connections, the times are set for a reason and they are certainly doable most of the time or they would change it.

6. Re: YYZ Connection Time -- U.S. to Canadian Domestic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 27, 2015