We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryan Air HERTZ booking and Advantage

Knutsford, United...
reviews: 32
Ryan Air HERTZ booking and Advantage

I have no idea what has happened here, but I'm hoping someone can help as I don't know who I should be contacting to resolve this:

I have booked a flight to Milan Bergamo airport (Orio al Serio) through the Ryan Air website. After which I was offered a hire car through HERTZ at a reduced rate, which I booked (as I have done several times before without issue).

I then noticed a few weeks later that I had been charged by HERTZ (not a problem) but also by a company call Advantage Orio Al Serio who are also a car hire company. I have not made this booking and I have no idea how it has been made.

Can anyone help me resolve this? I have emailed HERTZ and Advantage with no response. Ryan Air costs £1 a minute to phone and the email form is useless.

3 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: Ryan Air HERTZ booking and Advantage

I can't help directly but if it was me I'd contact my credit card company to dispute the charge from Advantage as you seem to have ended up with duplicate bookings. Ryanair's car hire partner is Hertz (and their associated brands Thrifty & Firefly) so I fail to understand how a booking could be made with Advantage.

Knutsford, United...
reviews: 32
2. Re: Ryan Air HERTZ booking and Advantage

I've already done this and they've identified it as a fraudulent transaction. Credit card has been cancelled and the charge removed, phew!!

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Ryan Air HERTZ booking and Advantage

Hi

Calls to Ryanair cost 10p a minute.

Jackie

Reply to: Ryan Air HERTZ booking and Advantage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted