We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airline should i choose?

Which airline should i choose?

Were planning a trip to paris and italy

Were leaving out of miami and there are direct flights from miami to paris and from rome to miami.

Were looking to book on buisness class

Delta goes direct non stop which is convienent but they do it through air france and alitalia

I havent read good reviews on air france or alitalia especially alitalia

The other option is american airlines and british air connecting in london

11 replies to this topic
Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Which airline should i choose?

I've never flown to Paris from Miami but have flown to Paris from DFW and JFK. Both flights were on American and both were great.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 208
2. Re: Which airline should i choose?

We pretty much book all of our flights through Delta because of our long involvement in their loyalty program. As a result, we have often flown on Delta Sky Partners, including Air France, Alitalia and KLM. Our experiences on Air France are as good or better than our experiences on Delta. The only reason we avoid Air France is that this decision forces us to land at CDG, and we avoid that airport. Since this is your destination I would expect Air France would be a good choice. Alitalia also provided adequate service for us, and they managed our transfer exceptionally well. I worry that they might go out of business, but they have been hanging on for quite some time now, and I assume are a bit more financially stable. I prefer both of these airlines to KLM.

I would certainly take my chances with either of these airlines rather than take a flight that involves a stop and a connection. It is just so much more pleasant to get on the plane and stay on the plane until you arrive at your destination. A non-stop flight is almost always my first decision criteria.

3. Re: Which airline should i choose?

I agree with you about the non stop air france offers a flight on the return but with a connection in cdg

And i have read so much about alitalia going banktupt or out of buisness that also worries me

Is orly a better airport?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: Which airline should i choose?

Alitalia is not going bankrupt. Etihad has offered to buy a 40% share of the airline.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 45
5. Re: Which airline should i choose?

I'm not sure, as it's rather subjective as to which are the 'airports to avoid', but I agree that CDG isn't exactly popular. But having said that, nor is MIA.

Personally, I agree with Busy Retired. I don't enjoy messing about and always prefer 'getting it over and done with', so I'd bite the bullet and select something that'll get me from point A to point B (end destination) in the shortest time, regardless of the airport. But if one really wants to avoid CDG, you can also consider flying into LHR and catching the Eurostar. That way, you'll avoid CDG at the other end, and it's effectively not much longer than the total flying time.

Then again, you hear of people not particularly liking LHR either.

Edited: 12:55 am, March 25, 2014
Arcadia, California
reviews: 22
6. Re: Which airline should i choose?

I also book through Delta and agree with busy-retired. Last year I flew LAX to Rome in business on Alitalia, and the service was great. I'm flying Air France in business in a few days, and up till now I only have experience with AF's economy and premium economy and have always had good to very good service. I used to dread transferring in CDG, but it has become a lot easier in the last few years with remodeled terminals and better signage.

Given the choice I would take a European carrier because of the better service.

7. Re: Which airline should i choose?

The return on alitalia is on a A330 AIRcraft is that a newer plane for them or something?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
8. Re: Which airline should i choose?

Alitalia A330s are built 1999-2012.

9. Re: Which airline should i choose?

There is also a flight on airfrance but it connects in cdg which i keep reading is not a good airport to connect in but if there is 2-3 hours in between connection is that enough for a connection in cdg?

Or should i just suck it up and take the alitalia direct flight? I may be worrying too much

Kent, UK
reviews: 65
10. Re: Which airline should i choose?

BA have superb lounges at LHR and fully flat beds in club

Reply to: Which airline should i choose?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted