We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

Bolton, England
reviews: 13
Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

This may be a silly question - but I want to take a handbag aswell as a peice of carry-on luggage on an upcoming long haul Thomas Cook flight. Does anybody know if this will be OK? Does it kind of depend on who checks you in at the airport? Thanks in advance.

16 replies to this topic
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
1. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

No, it's not ok. It's one piece only. Your handbag will have to go in your hand luggage.

Edinburgh
reviews: 4
2. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

Thomas Cook are very strict and yes, it's one piece of hand luggage only. If you have hand luggage plus your handbag you will be made to put your handbag in with your hand luggage. That's happened to me a few times now!

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

Yes defo only one bag rule,

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

Yep, I have witnessed more than one lady attempting to create a handbag sized hole in the hand luggage.

Keep an eye on the weight if you do this.

essex
reviews: 35
5. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

This applies with easyJet and many other airlines, so I just shove my handbag into my hand luggage before checking in for boarding then remove it once I am on the aircraft, staff even advise you to do this, so make sure there is a bit of wriggle room in your hand luggage, on return journeys have found that staff in other countries don't seem to care so I just take my hand bag and hand luggage and nobody questions it.

London, United...
reviews: 22
6. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

Does a handbag count as hand luggage,,,,for thomas cook it does,,yes,,,

Very restrictive at one piece, 5kg , 55 x 40 x 20 comply,,,,or something is going in the hold...:-))

Ps remember it's each,,,so you can have two bags this size with 10 kg,,,but it's not cumulative. So you can't take one 10kg bag for two of you, assuming two of you flying,

Bolton, England
reviews: 13
7. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I thought as much so I won't risk it.

Dundee
8. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

Does a large dslr camera with lens have to go in your hand luggage or is it ok to wear it round your neck,havent weighed mine but it must be a good kg on its own.

UK
reviews: 27
9. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

I would say in hand luggage

Southampton, England
reviews: 8
10. Re: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?

Hold your camera and then put it back in the bag after check in, then go through customs. I fly Thomas Cook a lot for my sins and if the bag looks big they weigh it, 5kg only.

Reply to: Thomas Cook - does a handbag count as hand luggage?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted