We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

united airlines is bad

Wyoming MI
reviews: 8
united airlines is bad

our flight from grand rapids mi to O'hare delayed over 5 hours due to weather in Chicago. Ok understandable, BUT united's gate agent rebooked us on American out of O'Hare which was fine. However she took out GRR boarding passes then sent us to terminal to re ticket our bags & get boarding pass from American for Chicago to Cancun flight. We were unable to get back thru security since she had taken our boarding passes and given us receipts instead. we had to go back & wait in line at United in the terminal to get new boarding passes so we could actually fly to Chicago. This caused us to miss our flight. We did get to Chicago eventually but once we got to Cancun 8 hours late, my suitcase stayed in Chicago which was one of the reasons we went to the terminal to begin with. Very frustrated with gate agents and United in general. don't expect them to do anything but feels good to vent!

11 replies to this topic
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 242
1. Re: united airlines is bad

Have you sent there complaint department an email?

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
2. Re: united airlines is bad

You had a bad experience with United. That does not mean United is bad. Simple. Chuck.

Wyoming MI
3. Re: united airlines is bad

yes i did

Wyoming MI
4. Re: united airlines is bad

yes i sure did. i had to name my post something so I did. their gate agent was bad at her job.

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 143
5. Re: united airlines is bad

Excellent.

We have had several problems with UA over the years, but have had far more good (to great) flights - about 70 - 120 Segments per year.

Usually, the GA's are great (one was not even close though), as are the Ticketing Agents, and FA's, on most of our flights.

I try to pass on the great experiences, citing those who did a great job, but also chronicle the instances, where things have gone wrong, and give the full, unemotional details.

In every negative case, UA has contacted me, and in most, has had an offer to "make amends." I hope that they follow up with you, and do make things right.

UA is, in no way perfect, but they have had an offer to try and correct things for me, and for my wife - both UA MP 1K's.

Good luck,

Hunt

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
6. Re: united airlines is bad

^^^^^^^^^^

UA is far more interested in making things "right" for a 1K then they are for the general public.

OP, there was no need for you to wait in line to get new boarding passes. You simply had to use the kiosk and print them out yourself. I don't know what a GRR boarding pass is.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
7. Re: united airlines is bad

"I don't know what a GRR boarding pass is."

GRR is the IATA code for Grand Rapids airport.

Edited: 9:46 pm, March 23, 2014
Wyoming MI
8. Re: united airlines is bad

Couldnt print from kiosk no one knew why. Agent in terminal had a hard time printing them out as well. I just needed to vent my frustration with entire situation

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 143
9. Re: united airlines is bad

<<UA is far more interested in making things "right" for a 1K then they are for the general public.>>

Guess that we DO get a bit extra for our loyalty then? [Grin]

Hunt

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
10. Re: united airlines is bad

>> I just needed to vent my frustration with entire situation<<

Well.

Instead of saying the whole darn airline is "bad", why not state that YOU had a bad experience? Hundreds of thousands of people fly them with no problems at all, therefore they cannot be all "bad", right?

I'm not quite sure exactly what happened but it sounds like human error which could have happened on any airline!

Reply to: united airlines is bad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted