We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

Glasgow, United...
BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

We will be travelling GLA-LGW-CUN in June. We did this last November but we had to go straight out through security, upstairs to departures and through security again. We must have missed a sign for International Flight Connections.

We will be sure to look out for the sign this time but just in case we miss it again, can anyone tell me which way we should have gone please?

10 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

Not done it recently but t's simply a case of looking out for the signs for Flight Connections.

gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/…

Glasgow, United...
2. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

Thanks Tom. We did have a good look for the sign, but didn't see any. We weren't the only passengers that went out and back through security.

UK
reviews: 27
3. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

Once you get off flight, follow as if you where going to passport control - before you join the queue for passport control there is a sign that says flight connections just follow that

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
4. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

OP - we have done the exact same thing for the same flights twice! Perhaps there is an alternative route for Flight Connections but it must not be well signposted as I haven't found it yet either.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
5. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

Last time I connected at LGW I found myself landside as well, having to go through security again. Thought I'd followed the signs for connections as well. This was a UK to International connection.

Glasgow, United...
6. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

Helshaw, Lexexpress - might be something to do with landing from Glasgow and Edinburgh? Good to hear it's not just me.

Didn't happen on the way home going International to Domestic. Just on the way out.

Edited: 4:19 am, March 24, 2014
Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
7. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

Yes - just on the way going for me too. The signs seemed to lead you to do this. I'm glad it's not just me too ;-)

Dunfermline, United...
reviews: 40
8. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

GLA and EDI flights dock mainly at the Gate 55 gates. Once you are in the lounge, follow everyone else past 55G gate where there is a right hand lane that takes you towards the exit. Turn right through the double doors and you will see a sign for Flight Connections on the left. Just follow that route.

Glasgow, United...
9. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

Thanks Dicanio10. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Crawley, United...
10. Re: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?

If you are coached from plane to terminal there is no way of using Flight Connections and will need to process through "normal" security. Please remember using either route you will need to comply with the liquids rule so if buying duty free at GLA/EDI ( and on your return) ask for them to be put in a sealed bag with the receipt inside.

Reply to: BA Gatwick flight connection - Have you been recently?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted