We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Im thinking about booking a might from paris to venice on easy jet but im nervous are they a safe airline?

Im from the us and have never flown with them before and im a tad bit of a nervous flyer

And how strict are they with carry on luggage? Will they let you bring 2 bags?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 131
1. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Nothing for you to be worried about regarding safety on easyJet, they are fine. Although make sure you read their baggage restrictions as yes they are strict in this regard which at least you know where you stand when flying with them.

Winchester, United...
2. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Yes, they're very safe. Much like your Alitalia post they're an EU airline and as such are goverened by some of the strictest rules in the world over flight safety as are any aircraft even operating *into* EU airports even if foreign. They're a cheap airline and rather no-frills but they don't skimp on safety.

If you believe that aircraft age has any bearing on safety they have one of the newest large fleets in the world.

EDIT: They're *very* strict about baggage (hand or checked) and only allow ONE piece of hand luggage: http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/baggage

Edited: 12:14 am, March 21, 2014
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 219
3. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Hi. I have no concerns over Easyjet as an airline. They are a LCC and you should be prepared to follow the rules EXACTLY. Last time I flew there was a strict one item hand baggage rule - this may have changed. Check the website T&Cs. Abs :)

4. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Thank you so much also i know cdg is a very busy airport and i have read easy jet check in lines being very long would it be best to fly first thing in the morning like a 7 am flight?

UK
reviews: 89
5. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

You should be aware that although you can purchase two (or more) pieces of baggage on the website with your booking, these share the same weight allowance. So in effect you cannot take 2.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
6. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

"You should be aware that although you can purchase two (or more) pieces of baggage on the website with your booking, these share the same weight allowance. So in effect you cannot take 2."

Looks like they've changed the rules about that and that any additional hold bag you add to your booking comes with another 20kg now. Must have been a fairly rcent change.

@OP: No guarantee that lines will be shorter at 7am. I would be there 2 hours before the flight, no matter what time of day I was flying.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Hi

Easyjet operate an online check-in only and so have no check in lines anywhere, but they do have baggage drop.

Now are they strict regarding hand baggage ? Are they ever. Often they check every single bag and if you can't get your handbag into the hand luggage you either start putting on more clothes or you chuck stuff away.

They are an extremely safe modern airline with a good ontime record, in fact they are known to close the gate exactly thirty minutes before scheduled take off time and set off. If you are late, even by a minute, they won't wait.

I love Easyjet and fly them about once a month.

Jackie

London
reviews: 5
8. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Hi,

Easy jet are totally fine. If you buy the priority boarding etc, it's actually quite pleasant. I usually travel BA, club if poss, however travel easy jet if unavailable. Service is good, feel perfectly safe, good in-flight info too.

I travelled on a truly appalling Ryanair flight between Spain and Italy and felt extremely unsafe (we were sitting in the front row opposite the flight attendant seats during turbulence, they were closing their eyes and doing the sign of the cross!! Not particularly reassuring!) easy jet are FAR better than Ryanair. So go for it.

You will need to buy extra baggage though.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
9. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Of course they're safe. Never had a problem flying with them.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 246
10. Re: Easy jet thoughts? Im nervous

Rodolfo, do you really think an airline would be allowed to fly if they were considered unsafe?