We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air China

arizona
reviews: 1
Air China

Do not expect any customer service assistance if you have any problems during your travel.

On my way back home from India I missed my flight out of Delhi and needed to purchase a new ticket for the next flight out. There were 3 ladies working the desk and they refused to help me and would only give me a phone number to call which no one ever answered. I ended up having to go thru another company to get home. Called their customer service once I came home to America and they did not seem concerned with all the hardship they put me thru by refusing to sell me a new ticket to fly home.

4 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Air China

Why did you miss your flight? Were you travelling on separate tickets?

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Air China

Just was on their website. There is a list with call centers and "worldwide offices".

You cannot buy tickets at the check-in desk. At least I do not know any airline selling tickets at check-in. So what would you do, if you were in their situation and a customers comes to you who missed the flight? They can give you a phone number, mention a travel agent or their website.

More likely you tried to convince them to check you in on the next available flight with the ticket of your missed flight., they refused and you got frustrated about them following the rules.

I really had to laugh when you wrote "with all the hardship they put me thru by refusing to sell me a new ticket". Most of the times missing a flight is self-inflicted pain. And - again - the check-in desks function is to (you guess it by now) check-in people.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
3. Re: Air China

Hi,

I agree with #2 in that for most carriers you can't buy a new ticket (which also means crashing a new booking) at all staffed positions.

Whole the new e-ticket standard does away with the need to have a workstation that had actual paper ticket stock on which to print your ticket, but.... many carriers don't enable all workstations to create new bookings as there is commonly a need to have additonal things like credit card signature papers, etc

So, I can see and understand why it is not always possible to buy a whole new ticket at any staffed desk of the carrier.

That said, I do think that - based only on what's been disclosed to this point - perhaps the staff could have done a bit more to; a) better explain why a ticket could not be purchased at that location, and (more importantly) b) to better assist/direct the OP on where s/he could buy it.

London, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Air China

But they did help you...no? They gave you the number to call. I am unsure they can do more than that. Logically you must know that not just anyone who happens to work for an airline can simply sell you a ticket, simply because they are employed or representing them.

Not sure I agree with Gobpis very nice summary, I would hazard a guess the staff did tell you why they could not sell you a ticket, and they very obviously told you who to contact to buy one. If the staff were manning check in, then they would also have been busy at that time.

I cant see how the staff at check in put you through any hardship You missed your flight, you needed to buy a new ticket, and as with any airline, you have to go via the correct route to buy a ticket and you were informed of how to do that.

sometimes its as if there is a total lack of common sense out there coupled with an overwhelming desire to blame someone else for ones own problems and a desire for compensation irrelevant if the airline is at fault.

I mention compensation,,,because that is why you called them after the event,,isnt it and that is why you are claiming hardship?

Reply to: Air China
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted