We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic Air domestic e-ticket query

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 12
Olympic Air domestic e-ticket query

I have bought our Greek domestic tickets from Olympic Air online and received my confirmation with PNR and ticket numbers but it does not say E-ticket. Does that matter? Some airline website have a print your ticket tab or has e-ticket printed on it.

We will be travelling and in transit for a long time and may get the chance to do internet check-in whilst at one of the transit stops but would not be able to print the boarding pass. Is this official confirmation with ticket numbers sufficient? We will be within minimum connecting time for international to domestic at Athens airport but not a lot of spare time if there are any delays.

There won't be any issue IF I can do online check and print the boarding pass before the marathon journey but just want to be prepared for the alternative. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Olympic Air domestic e-ticket query

If you have a document with your PNR, you should be fine. Get onto the Olympic web site and check that it has a record of your PNR and your journey.

I have made dozens of flights on e-tickets in the past few years, and have never been asked to show one. I just go to the check-in counter with my passport, the agent looks me up on the computer, and checks my luggage.

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Olympic Air domestic e-ticket query

Great, that's a relief. I always carry an airline print out (habit I guess) but assumed you were expected to present something official with your eticket number on it. Thanks a lot.

UK
reviews: 25
3. Re: Olympic Air domestic e-ticket query

i fly several times a month and the only time over the past couple of years i've had to show a physical print out is if there's been a mix up with luggage allowances. All done my computer pretty much anywhere so the minute your name is typed in your flight details show.

Take that print out just to be on the safe side

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
4. Re: Olympic Air domestic e-ticket query

I believe you are fine with the confirmation you have. If you want to check in online and haven't already done it, you can do so at Athens Airport. Unless there has been a change, there are some special online check-in terminals opposite the check-in counters (near the Olympic and Aegean information desks). It's really not necessary, though — all it will do is save you some time if the lines are long at the Olympic check-in counters.

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Olympic Air domestic e-ticket query

I wont be leaving check in until the airport for any flights if I can help it. Last time we could only print out 2 boarding passes at self check in (Air France flight Paris/Athens) so were told to wait until check-in counter opened in a few hours. They tried to tell me that they could only give 3 boarding passes and that my youngest son would have to recheck at the departure gate. Alarm bells were ringing, as a past airline employee, I knew all was not well. The reality was that my youngest son (we were all booked on 1 PNR months earlier as a family) had been downgraded to standby. We were at the airport over 4 hours prior to departure so were not the last to check in. It was ok in the end but only because I stood my ground and refused to accept this and asked to speak with the supervisor as we had confirmed tickets and connecting flights. Ultimately it was fixed. But found out later that all our bags were tagged standby so were lucky they made it on that and all the other connecting flights we had. So, wherever possible, online check in for me after that.

Reply to: Olympic Air domestic e-ticket query
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted