We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long stopover in Dusseldorf.

London, United...
Long stopover in Dusseldorf.

I'm going to Tokyo from London with a 9 hour stopover in Dusseldorf in Germany. As the stopover is so long I was thinking of visiting the city centre to pass the time.

Just a couple of questions I need to ask:

1) I'm flying with Lufthansa from London to Dusseldorf and then flying onwards to Tokyo with ANA (Lufthansa codeshare). Due to the long stopover do I need to collect my hold luggage at all before leave the airport?

2) If I don't need to collect my hold luggage should I ask Lufthansa or ANA about whether my luggage is going to be on the connecting flight? I'm just worried after the long stopover that it might be left somewhere and forgotten.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 241
1. Re: Long stopover in Dusseldorf.

Welcome to the forum. Assuming this is travel on one ticket, your luggage will go to your final destination. It will be tagged as such in London. It should be no issue. You can check with LH if you wish, but don't see any reason to do so. This is not the least bit unusual.

Have fun.

London, United...
reviews: 508
2. Re: Long stopover in Dusseldorf.

if it is one-go ticket, you don't need to do anything. You can of course check with a staff at check-in counter to make sure that you will pick up your luggage at the final destination.

You can experience "Little Japan" in Dusseldorf as it was the hub for Japanese cos in the past and there is still a strong Japanese community exist.

Worcester, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Long stopover in Dusseldorf.

Which Dusseldorf airport are you flying to? One is probably 30ish minutes from Dusseldorf Altstadt whereas the other is for all intents and purposes in another town!

4. Re: Long stopover in Dusseldorf.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 19, 2015