We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapoair prices legit?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 54
Cheapoair prices legit?

Hi, later this year we will be booking a few domestic US flights ... there is a HUGE difference between the discount sites prices and the same flights at the airlines websites.

Are these actually real or are there some really well hidden charges I just can't find? Thanks.

14 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
1. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

They're not live and nd yes there are charges, AFAIK. Have you not come across the zillions of threads complaining about cheapo et al on this forum?

Edited: 10:21 am, March 15, 2014
Hanau, Germany
reviews: 18
2. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

Type cheapoair in the search box above your post, after reading through some of the threads you will be happy that you did your research prior to booking and not the other way around like most posters.

3. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, March 15, 2014

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
4. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

I am not sure which flights you are trying to book ? If you are looking at one way flights you might instead try multi city pricing where you go into one city and out of another to see if that works better. I would not use "Cheapo Air" for anything!!!

Iowa
reviews: 30
5. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

At least you went looking for information about cheapoair. Many people find out too late.

Don't waste any more time looking at their website.

6. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, March 15, 2014

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
7. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

To those that answered my actual question I thank you.

To the others that went out of their way to comment but not adding anything other than a sense of superiority, I hope you feel better.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 102
8. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

Just tried to make a dummy booking for a flight from here to Heathrow certainly cheaper than B.A but via Belfast avoid this lot they are very dodgy.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Viaje en avión
reviews: 5
9. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

Able58, I'm very surprised as you're a regular contributor to this forum. Have you not noticed the many threads about Cheapo?

But anyway, the advice from the others stands good. Cheapo has a terrible reputation on here, especially regarding "bait and switch" style fares

That is - you give them money for the advertized fare, they take your money, then they come back asking for more, and if you say no they promise to refund the money you already gave them within months.

I even contributed a sing song on another thread to cheer people up - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6788722…

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
10. Re: Cheapoair prices legit?

Actually US I did do a search ... if you search "cheapoair" and sort the posts by date (as I always do) there is not a lot to go by. Just a couple and one complaint about change charges, I don't generally pay much attention to very old complaints. Perhaps in the hundreds of posts there is something but you would need to sit for hours to sort through it all.

I realise the name itself is a bit of a red flag and that's why I asked ... in Australia fares must be advertised in total including taxes and any "extras" need to be fairly clear, I was not sure of the US system as I haven't been there for many years.

Reply to: Cheapoair prices legit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted