We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

Hello,

I'm planning to travel in the early August and I unfortunately I found the prices to be very expensive:( I was thiniking to fly with Turkish airlines but now it doesn't matter for me which airline. Do you think that the airlines will do some offers? I have read that to get the cheapest price it is recommended to book the flights 80 days before flight time, is that true for summer?

Thanks

22 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

No one can predict air fare for you, it can go up and it can go down. It's based on a number of factors,,,from demand for that route at that time of day through to fuel prices.

Find a price you are happy with and don't look back.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
2. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

Thanks for reply

The problem is that I didn't find price that I'm happy with:(

Romford, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

They are highly unlikely to offer sales or discounts on flights during the period of greatest demand but business class fares start looking attractive

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
4. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

"The problem is that I didn't find price that I'm happy with" - Welcome to the real world, if you cannot find a fare that you are happy with then you'll need to consider paying more or fly to a different destination or fly at a different time.

You don't say where you are flying from or to or what fares you are currently seeing so it's impossible to give any other advice.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

Thanks for reply

I'm traveling from Kuwait to Toronto or Montreal. The departure date will be on 2nd or 3rd or 4th of August and returning on 10th or 11th or 12th of September.

My freind booked that flight with 990usd last year but this year I found the cheapest price with 1500 usd with one stop

I'm thinking to wait for month then do reservation. Do you think that it is good decesion?

Thanks

London, United...
reviews: 22
6. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

Seriously dude, no one can tell you, the price might be two k then or it might be 1k. No one knows.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
7. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

Thanks a lot for all replies

Llanelli, United...
reviews: 175
8. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

>>>"The problem is that I didn't find price that I'm happy with" - Welcome to the real world, if you cannot find a fare that you are happy with then you'll need to consider paying more or fly to a different destination or fly at a different time.<<<

Or don't fly at all and save up for next year! :)

Kuwait City, Kuwait
9. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

:) Un fortunately I have to travel because I want to visit my sister

Thanks

Surbiton
reviews: 16
10. Re: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer

The problem is that even if prices, in a few instances, dropped, you seem to be committed to one of three dates. The chances of price drops on specific dates are fairly remote.

If it's essential that you fly on one of those dates, on that route, then you're probably (and I stress probably) better off booking now. If the dates, or flying at all, aren't essential, then you could wait to see what happens to fares. After all, the worst outcome is that you choose not to fly.

Reply to: Very expensive prices for flights in Summer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted