We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Orlando, when to book & prices?

United Kingdom
reviews: 14
Flights to Orlando, when to book & prices?

Hi

Been a few years since we have been to Orlando & have had some good flight deals in the past. We are thinking of going in Feb 2015 to see the Daytona 500 (Nascar). We have decided to stay in Kissimmee as holiday homes in Daytona are really expensive at that time. So I am looking for flights around the 14th Feb 2015 for 12 nights & wondered when is the best time to book and approx prices? I have looked at Travelcity and a few other sites that can give me flight prices at the moment and are coming out quite expensive!

Many thanks

Jane

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Flights to Orlando, when to book & prices?

The Top Questions are a good place to start: This is the most common question asked on this forum by far.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12084-k3324431…

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
2. Re: Flights to Orlando, when to book & prices?

"wondered when is the best time to book and approx prices?" Nobody will honestly know when is the best time to book but BA currently has LGW to MCO for Feb 2015 at £1098. That price will be high because those flights will have only recently been released and buying now means your desire to buy is greater than the airlines need to sell.

You'll pay less for an indirect flight but a lot of these aren't on sale yet

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 70
3. Re: Flights to Orlando, when to book & prices?

Well, since the Daytona 500 is a pretty big event with people flying in from all over, I wouldn't expect to get too many bargains for that timeframe, unless you are willing to arrive well before the race weekend and leave well after.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 2
4. Re: Flights to Orlando, when to book & prices?

Personally I think it's too early to book for next February. Why don't you sign up on one of the airfare watch websites and put in your desired dates and routes? And also sign up for newsletters from several airlines that you would consider. That's how I found a great airfare to Paris a few years ago and to Dublin this last December. FYI, I've found Aer Lingus to be one of the more reasonable fares from Orlando. They fly non-stop 3 days a week between Orlando (MCO) and Dublin.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 20
5. Re: Flights to Orlando, when to book & prices?

Norwegian flies to Fort Lauderdale from Gatwick. Winter program is on it's way online now, but the LGW-FLL route is only up until end of January (seems to be for most US-routes).

Price is from £360.70 (plus loads of extras (fee for credit card payment, luggage, food, drink, pre-booking seats, blankets etc).- so more realisticly prices start at around £500 for a round trip.

With a stop-over in Oslo Norwegian also can take you to Orlando - though prices are a bit higher and it's harder to get the real low fares (also only up until end on January).

Icelandair to Orlando can also be worth checking out. Not direct, but with a short stop on Iceland to stretch your feet.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 208
6. Re: Flights to Orlando, when to book & prices?

There is no longer an off-season period in Orlando. Years ago I used to go to Disney World in February and never stand in lines. Last week, on a rather cool day sprinkled with showers, I still had to stand in line for 90 minutes to ride our grandson's favorite ride. His parents did not find the low fares into MCO this February that they have been able to find in previous years.

I would not purchase tickets now for next February, but I would start watching airfares closely. I use an airfare watch site, and I also check airfares on a monthly basis using ITA Matrix. I also check with my preferred airlines for fares around the dates I wish to travel. If you do this you will get a good idea if what the average price for airline fares are at that time of the year. If you see something significantly lower than that, I would buy it.

You might also want to look at prices for flying into Sanford rather than MCO. It seems to me that there are many people from the UK who land in Sanford, but that may just be because they use chartered flights.

I do not know how many international visitors are attracted to the Daytona 500 so I do not know if there is an increase in passenger demand from the UK to Orlando during this time period. I can tell you that you are wise to avoid trying to stay in Daytona. There are very few good hotels in Daytona, and every hotel room for 2015 will be booked soon. Of course, this year rain stopped the race for many hours in the middle of the day. People from Orlando who drove to Daytona to watch the race did not get back home before midnight.

Reply to: Flights to Orlando, when to book & prices?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted