We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

London, United...
Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

Hi I´m booking a flight through opodo which is with delta airlines but it uses virgin atlantic. Once i book my tickets will i be able to access my booking on Virgin Atlantic to choose a seat or will it only let me access with delta?

thanks

13 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

Firstly I wouldn't book with Opodo unless you want a lot of grief - book direct with Virgin or via Delta.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 96
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

I agree book directly with airline and it will be easier to pick your seat, no hassles or problems and the fare should be same or better In some cases

Berkshire, England
reviews: 62
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

Agree with the above posters...book directly with the airline.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

As the others have said, do not use Opodo. They are owned by eDreams who have a terrible reputation (put eDreams in the search box and read away). Book directly with the airline and you'll get live fares, no unexpected fees and decent customer service.

Once you've booked you need to get the reservation number (PNR) that's accepted by the Virgin website and then you can view your reservation and select seats. If you book on delta.com you may need to call Delta to get that.

Also read Virgin's seat selection policy as they've recently introduced pay for advance selection.

Edited: 1:37 pm, March 10, 2014
London, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

Another vote for don't use opodo. Don't be tempted. Book direct with the airline.

UK
reviews: 89
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

Make that vote 6 for booking direct. Just read the Opodo threads and consider whata narrow escape you will have had.

London
reviews: 26
7. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

Virgin Atlantic is a good carrier - Delta is terrible and its customer relations people worse than useless. The deal is really bad news. Fly Virgin, avoid Delta.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 241
8. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

Fly Virgin and book through Virgin. 7th vote for not using Opodo!

Bristol, United...
reviews: 7
9. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

Delta is a perfectly good carrier. Do not use opodo. Upon booking you can get your ticket number which allows you to manage your booking on the Virgin website. Just be aware there seems to be a bit of schedule shuffling going on as Delta and Virgin consolidate their operations so the schedule you have now may change if you're booking a fair way in advance.

Edinburgh, Scotland
10. Re: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines

I think I see a pattern !

Vote 10- book with airline

Reply to: Virgin Atlantic/Delta Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted