We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport validity

reviews: 5
Passport validity

My 16 year old daughters child passport runs out first week of July but were wanting to travel to Majorca 3rd April for 5 days.

My question is will that be ok on her passport?

I have read that Spain does not require you to have 6 month validity but I want to make sure before I book anything (it's sat night so I can't ring passport office lol)

Thank you

11 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Passport validity

Only requirement is to be valid for duration of stay.

https:/…entry-requirements

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Passport validity

She will be ok ,no problem,

3. Re: Passport validity

Yay thank you :)

London, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Passport validity

Yes, it's fine but get a new one as soon as she gets back, don't wait till the last minute,,,any extra time left on hers is added to the next one.

Ps, I just renewed my daughters, she is also sixteen, and you can send it in, and you can pay for it, but you can't track it,,,only she can, seriously, because of data privacy laws they treat over sixteen as an adult. As such, when I called, they would not inform me of status. But they did call me to have the credit card payment go through:-))

Edmonton
5. Re: Passport validity

I don't know what airline you are flyig, but some US and Canadian airlines require the 6 month rule even if the country does not. I would check with the airline as well.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
6. Re: Passport validity

There won't be an issue with her passport. It only needs to be valid for the proposed duration of the stay.

Edmonton
7. Re: Passport validity

Just saying that some airlines have requirements that countries don't. ie (Delta won't let you fly with Mexico with one without 6 month validity, but Mexico doesn't require that). Like I said, I don't know what airline, but you should always check with them.

8. Re: Passport validity

It's ryanair from the UK to majorca.

Know the rules on Delta, I fly them to Vegas every year :)

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
9. Re: Passport validity

Lincslass, it won't be an issue.

UK
reviews: 26
10. Re: Passport validity

"Just saying that some airlines have requirements that countries don't."

This is a citizen of one EU country travelling to another country in the EU. We have a right of free movement within the EU, subject only to having a valid government ID (passport, or national ID card for countries that have it). If an airline tried to prevent an EU citizen from exercising their free movement rights they would be in serious trouble (the airline, not the EU citizen). Things may be different in your part of the world, but this is the EU.

Reply to: Passport validity
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted