We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook / passport advice

Cheshire
reviews: 21
Thomas Cook / passport advice

Not to sure where to post this really.

We fly with Thomas Cook in April 2015 to Orlando, all our passports expire Aug 2015, I know we can still fly on these passports going by USA rules. On the TC website however it recommends there is 6 months left on your passport, strongly recommends.

So do we follow TC terms or USA terms ?

I'm leaning towards TC, is that what everyone else does ? Thanks for any advice.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

If you renew it beforehand up to 9 months will be added onto your new one for time you have left on your current passport.

Romford, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

Follow US rules as they are the ones responsible for INS/Customs not TC you can if you want to renew your passports early and get the remainder added onto your new passports

Edited: 8:51 am, March 03, 2014
Romford, United...
3. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

Ps just remember if you do decide to get new passports you will need to apply for ESTA's for them

Edited: 8:54 am, March 03, 2014
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
4. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

Thomas Cook advise all customers to have 6 months validity, because some countries require it. It's generic advice, and isn't destination specific. TC tell their customers to check the FCO website for passport information, where it states "Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. You don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this."

Your passport is fine to travel on.

Cheshire
5. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

OK thank you, think I will renew early and get the 9 mths added on, play it safe ! I need new estas too so will get them done after renewal .Thanks both for replies :)

Cheshire
6. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

Oh, didn't see your post Leyland, hmm thinking I won't renew then !

Edmonton
reviews: 14
7. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

Just because a country has these regulations, doesn't mean an airline can't enforce the 6 month rule. I have had clients denied boarding for this. I would renew and play it safe, even though you would probably be fine. you will have time added onto your passport, here in Canada we don't get that time added, but I do it anyway. Nothing worse than being denied boarding

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
8. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

Thomas Cook won't deny boarding for not having 6 months validity. They carry thousands of pax to Florida every year, and the validity issue is one of the most debated subject on some of the English Florida boards. Members always says it's not necessary, which it isn't, and no one has ever reported being denied boarding because of it.

London, United...
reviews: 23
9. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

Actually, normally I recommend just renewing and not waiting till the last minute. However in this instance, as you go next month, I would simply wait and renew as soon as you get back. Just don't wait till the last minute to do it.

Romford, United...
10. Re: Thomas Cook / passport advice

No it's 2015 not April 2014 Froggy