We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First First just booked

Woking, UK
reviews: 33
First First just booked

So I have just exchanged 150000 avios , an Amex companion voucher and £1000 for a pair of first class return tickets Gatwick to St Lucia in August. Never flown first before so really looking forward to it and it seems a fitting 25th wedding anniversary treat. We saved £9k on the flights apparently so quite chuffed. It certainly makes a change from my economy shuttles to Madrid and back .

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 51
1. Re: First First just booked

IMO you only saved £9000 if your intentions were to pay £10,000 for it in the first place! *wink*

Enjoy your wedding anniversary! If you feel like it, tell the staff it's your first time in First and they'll no doubt dote on you and make it very special. Most of the F passengers are seasoned and treat it like routine so they'll probably be pleased to have some fresh meat aboard.

At LGW there's a separate First lounge (when you get to the top of the stairs you'll see it on your right. It's quite small but with food to order and nicer champagne and spirits available at the bar. Don't be afraid to pop your head into the kitchen (behind the door to the toilets/showers) if you want something sharpish.

Edited: 4:06 pm, February 26, 2014
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 98
2. Re: First First just booked

Congratulations! Have a great trip.

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
3. Re: First First just booked

Good for you OP! An excellent use of Avios and your Companion ticket. I would feel like it is thousands saved too as that's what the other passengers, getting the same service would have paid.

I'm looking forward to my first First 5 weeks on Wednesday to Boston ;-) (Avios and Companion ticket)

Madrid
reviews: 7
4. Re: First First just booked

Congratulations to both of you.

In your case helshaw2002 you will find the dedicated First check in at the south end of T5.I suggest you use south security fast track,and immediately after security look to your right and you will see a BA staff member waiting to welcome you into the concorde room.No need to go through the shopping mall.

The food is still very nice,washed down with a glass of LPGS,or whatever else takes your fancy.

BA pays Heathrow airport £25 per passenger for the priveledge of using the upstairs door to the CCR.If you get fed up in the CCR just walk accross the hall and you also have access to the Galeries First.

Have a great trip both of you.

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
5. Re: First First just booked

Rapidex - that's really kind of you ;-) I can assure you we will be getting our money's worth! Appreciate the short cut directions as it wasn't very clear from the website. We have a connection in Glasgow so going to take advantage of the lounge there too.

Have been lucky enough enough to use Avios to fly CW a few times but flying First is on the ***kit list! ;-)

6. Re: First First just booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 01, 2015
Get answers to your questions
Recent Conversations