We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines

Ithaca, New York
reviews: 7
Airlines

Which are the best airlines to take from Orlando to Barcelona, Barcelona to London, and London to Orlando? We would prefer to have one stop with each the Orlando to Barcelona and London to Orlando trips. The hop from Barcelona to London, we'd really like a nonstop. iEconomy is good, but decent facilities/planes and safety are more important. I doubt we'll go for the first class type tickets. We will be going in late August of 2014 and coming back in early September of the same year. Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: Airlines

MIght be ebtter looking at R/T Orlando to London and R/T London to Barcelona? That way you could get something like Virgin Prem Econ for the long legs.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
2. Re: Airlines

If you're going to be in economy, just about any airline will be similar in terms of in flight experience. And all airlines you'll find on those routes will be extremely safe. For the longer flights especially, pick whichever ones give you the best price and itinerary for your needs and choose based on those rather than on which airline it is.

Winchester, United...
3. Re: Airlines

The safety question is moot, all airlines operating in the EU (including non-EU carriers) have to comply with EASA standards and rules, equally so any aircraft operating within the US must operate within FAA standards and rules. Between the two they are *the* definition of aviation safety.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
4. Re: Airlines

Since you would like to fly nonstop from London to Barcelona, should you fly from MCO to LHR Heathrow then your choice of airlines will be BA or Iberia. Of those, I would choose to fly on BA metal, simply because I think the onboard service is a bit better. From and to LHR and BCN, BA will offer a light snack (filled wrap or vegetarian salad pot) and drinks from the trolley, but I think IB will offer a drink and that's it.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Airlines

What is it with Americans and safety? Europe is way ahead of you in plane safety, mainly because on average planes over here are newer. Planes over here that are being retired by Thomson because they're too old are being bought by Delta and Allegiant, with the intention of being used for another 10 years. Having said that, all planes in the Western world have to deal with incredible safety measures, making them all the safest forms of transport.

Anyway, rant over, I'd look at an indirect TAP Portugal flight from Orlando to Barcelona, then Vueling, easyJet or Ryanair from Barcelona to London, then Icelandair from London to Orlando.

Reply to: Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted