We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly and Save Scam?

York, United Kingdom
Fly and Save Scam?

Hi, I am booking a holiday to Orlando FL and came across the company 'Fly and Save'. I wasn't sure about it as I had never heard of them before. I rung up Virgin Atlantic about them but they said they dont deal with travel agents and third parties. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences or knows that they are a scam. Please reply if you do

thank you

23 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

Can you please post a URL for this "Fly And Save" company, so we can take a look?

As for - "I rung up Virgin Atlantic about them but they said they don't deal with travel agents and third parties."

.... Well that's complete rubbish, on the part of Virgin. You can most definitely book Virgin flights though travel agents and third parties (my mother booked VS through an agent last time she visited me in the US). Not that I'd recommend third parties, it's usually no cheaper to book direct with the airline, and it saves a ton of bother if you need after sales customer service.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
2. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

It appears you can't book online, you are directed to call a number (London number) to book. That would be a straight no no for me. What are the actual savings showing if you book with this lot?

**Edit to add URL**

http://www.flyandsave.co.uk/

Edited: 5:26 am, February 19, 2014
uk
reviews: 210
3. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

Book your flight direct with virgin.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

Thanks for the URL SunMagic.

I just searched for their registered address on GoogleMaps, and it pointed to the office of ... Globehunters!!!

http://bit.ly/1fy4WRe

OP, search for Globehunters in the forum search above. Then get out your bargepole, point it in the direction of Globehunters, and run run run away as fast as you can so they can't touch you!!

Edited: 5:39 am, February 19, 2014
York, United Kingdom
5. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

Tickets from Fly and Save are £775 whereas if I book direct with virgin its £840

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

Tickets from Fly and Save are £775

============

but are they REALLY???

What did you think of the Globehunters threads jkm?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
7. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

Is that what is quoted when you search online? I'd hazard a guess that when you phone them up, those fares are no longer available and they will have gone up. Also they could add their own little commission onto that.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
8. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

And how do you think their customer care will compare to Virgin's?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
9. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

"Tickets from Fly and Save are £775 whereas if I book direct with virgin its £840" - How much grief are you prepared to suffer for the "saving" of £65 even if it proves to be a genuine saving which I doubt.

I predict they will take your money and contact you several days later saying that fare is no longer available but they can get the tickets for an extra £££ (which will be more than £65) - don't want to proceed they will happily give you a refund eventually.

uk
reviews: 210
10. Re: Fly and Save Scam?

What's the point?

Let the OP go ahead and book this way, joining hundreds of others who'll then come back with their "scam! Rip-off! Avoid!" Posts when they see the price rise, or their credit card refund weeks away hen they want to book alternative flight now.

Enough warnings have been given, I mean when exactly does common sense kick in?

op - strongly recommend you ask this company if they can use cheapoair to book you a ticket via edreams and be sure to insist you pay via western union

Reply to: Fly and Save Scam?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted