We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC flights

Bristol, United...
reviews: 6
NYC flights

Hi can anyone advise whether I should go with flight's to JFK from London in November 2014 £500 with BA, or should I hold out for cheaper ones ??

Thanks

Rachel

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 158
1. Re: NYC flights

No one can say to be honest, they may come down from that price, or they can go up. Personally that's not too bad a price and if you're happy to pay then book it.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: NYC flights

If cost is key have you looked at Norwegian Airlines from LGW to JFK non stop? November returns are coming in at £300 inclusive of taxes but not checked baggage.

Decent airline too.

Edited: 3:25 pm, February 18, 2014
Bristol, United...
reviews: 6
3. Re: NYC flights

Hi many thanks for replies, must say very tempted with the Norwegian prices, very cheap but couldn't find many New York reviews and some general reviews are quite bad but others really gd !!! Bit of a dilemma

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: NYC flights

Norwegian are a low cost model and have only just started their long haul operations. I believe they start this route in the summer (happy to be corrected). They have had a few teething problems but nothing that wouldn't be fixed by November.

If their long hauls are anything like their short haul flights I wouldn't worry about booking with them. I like them a lot.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 27
5. Re: NYC flights

Their long hauls are reasonably tightly packed, but nothing any more uncomfortable than the American carriers. other than that, £500 isn't a bad price for BA.

kentucky
reviews: 40
6. Re: NYC flights

I'd be wary of Norwegian, since they could well be headed for litigation [challenges from US airline pilots' unions]. I'd say that BA price is quite decent.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 72
7. Re: NYC flights

I agree BA would be your best bet.

Cornwall
reviews: 8
8. Re: NYC flights

Decent price with BA. Wouldnt be less than 400 in even a sale.

9. Re: NYC flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 21, 2015