We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast track passport - please help!!!

London, United...
Fast track passport - please help!!!

Hi all

I lost my passport and went to Durham today to get a fast track passport (they no longer offer same day)

Please can anyone let me know how their experiences of this service have been?

Many thanks

Victoria

34 replies to this topic
sydney
reviews: 76
1. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

I think you may have more luck getting answers if you post this on the UK forum tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g186216-i15-Uni…

notts
reviews: 13
2. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

I think Peterborough offers this service, or at least it did 6 months ago when my friend needed to get a passport very quickly.

3. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:37 am, February 13, 2014

Winchester, United...
4. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

You can still get same day service in some locations https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently such as Peterborough (as mentioned) or London (where your profile says you are)

UK
reviews: 81
5. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

You cannot get same day service on a lost passport.

I presume by their cryptically worded question the OP is asking how long they will have to wait for it to arrive. I'd say 4 days.

Surbiton
reviews: 16
6. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

It's February, so service is very quick. I renewed my passport almost exactly a year ago, via the post office (checking service, not fast track), and it arrived about 5 days later. If it hasn't arrived within, say four days, I'd use the contact form on the passport office website.

Derbyshire
reviews: 73
7. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

From Gov.UK website:

<<The Fast Track service means your passport is delivered to your home address within 1 week of your application being accepted.

Fast Track 1-week service

Your passport will be sent to your home within 1 week (not including bank and public holidays).

To get your passport within 1 week, you must supply all your completed forms and supporting documents to Her Majesty’s Passport Office at the agreed appointment.

You may also need to be in to sign for the delivery of your passport.>>

What did they say when you visited Durham?

Did they give you timescales?

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
8. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

Hi

Just one tip, get the form filled in before you go, along with your photos endorsed etc.

Jackie

London, United...
9. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

Thank you for the comments...perhaps my initial post wasn't clear. I went to Durham as couldn't get an appointment in London for two weeks. I was just concerned about the fast track turnaround time?

Also if people had any helpful hints about the courier service that IPS use??

Many thanks

Victoria

UK
reviews: 81
10. Re: Fast track passport - please help!!!

Also if people had any helpful hints about the courier service that IPS use??

=========

Open the door when they knock on it?

Reply to: Fast track passport - please help!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted