We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet2 free phone call costs customer £100

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 12
Jet2 free phone call costs customer £100

Has anyone else been misled when phoning Jet2 Holidays helpline to ask a question whilst in the process of booking online ? Wanted to ask a simple Q about extra legroom seats and the girl offered to do booking for me over the phone "at exactly the same price as if you did it yourself ' (quote). I agreed and after a long chatty call. Later realised on printing off confirmation email that I had not got the widely advertised £100 off online. Phoned back and was told they only apply this if you ask and are not allowed to prompt customers about the offer. I believed I would get this from her promise. Jet2 reject my complaint about being grossly misled. Others beware. They deliberately persuaded me to book knowing I would pay £100 more. Am furious.

2 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Jet2 free phone call costs customer £100

Agreed, that's pretty shoddy.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: Jet2 free phone call costs customer £100

Whilst I agree it's not good I would also add as a consumer that I would know the price for buying online and one of my first questions would have been how much was it going to cost me to book over the phone as many airlines charge an admin fee for telephone bookings which would have alerted me to the £100 issue.

Surely the price being charged for the extra legroom seats was confirmed during the long chatty call - if not then some responsibility must rest with the buyer.

Reply to: Jet2 free phone call costs customer £100
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted