We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

Is it enough time to catch the next flight? Both are United air run by Lufthaza. Also. No middle name on ticket but passport has. Is it problem? Thank you.

21 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

Munich is a very efficient airport and, although 50 sounds tight with an on time arrival you should be fine. You'll have a security check and be straight on the concourse. Plus, UA and LH are joint venture partners for transatlantics, so if you did miss the connection they'll look after you and rebook you at no cost.

"Also. No middle name on ticket but passport "

As long as the first and last names on your ticket match the first/last on your passport, no worries. That's how my company agent books my tickets and I've never had a problem.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
2. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

Travelling from Istanbul to Boston, your luggage will be checked through and you will stay airside so no immigration queues. Provided the first flight is on time, you should have no problem.

In some 60 years of air travel, I have not once had a ticket that showed my middle name.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 260
3. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

sydneynick: Side note (as I fully agree with what was written): Some US travel agent insist on having all your names put on the passport.

New York City, New...
4. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

Thank you very much!!!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
5. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

>>Some US travel agent insist on having all your names put on the passport.<<

This only confirms my opinion of the competence of many US travel agents......

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 260
6. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

:-) But if I am not wrong, it is TSA linked. They were fed up to send back home all the pax called Yusuf Islam

Palmetto, Florida
reviews: 8
7. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

funny you said that sydneynick. The one time I got chided for not having middle name on ticket was when I flew out of Sydney. Entering or leaving US I never had a problem. Asian countries like the middle there too

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 109
8. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

Both are Lufthansa flights (United just has the code share flight numbers) so don't look for a United flight please.

Munich as was mentioned is quite good and you should be ok if there are no delays.

New York City, New...
9. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

Do you know arrival and departure is same floor? How big Munich terminal 2 is? Thank you!

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
reviews: 99
10. Re: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?

You will be going from one non-Schengen visa country (Turkey) to another non-Schengen visa country (US), via Munich. I did this same thing last summer, from the US to Ukraine via Munich, also on Lufthansa. I had a 45-minute connection time but wound up with time to spare. Everything was on the same floor, and all I had to do was go from one gate to the other. It was a bit of a walk but no problems at all.

My ticket had my first and middle names run together as one name, while my passport shows them correctly as two separate names. That also was not a problem.

Reply to: 50 min layover @ Munich airport from Istanbul to Boston?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted