We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

truro
reviews: 8
Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

Hi

I am wondering if it's worth pre booking a meal for my family on our early morning flight in June.

We are a party of 2 adults and our 5 children.

Our flight is at 6.10 am so obviously we would be looking at breakfast on the plane.

Can anybody advise me on what the breakfast meal is,if it includes a drink and what it costs.

I have been looking on TC website but it just states a breakfast not what it actually is.

One poster on TA wrote they paid for a breakfast and was served a blueberry muffin.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Due to the time we fly and including transfers the other end.We won't get to eat until 1.00 pm.So don't want my children to get too hungry.

11 replies to this topic
Watford, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

Shorthaul, why don't you just get Boots or M&S meal deals airside before you board? Or a breakfast bap or something from one of the food outlets. Probably be cheaper and and much tastier.

Edited: 6:12 pm, February 09, 2014
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

Can't help with specific details but I would never rely on airline food - with 5 kids you'll be better (and cheaper) coming prepared with some of their favourite snacks or buying something after clearing airport security.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
reviews: 133
3. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

Always bring snacks, whether it is a box of granola bars, sandwiches packed at home, chocolate, etc. I never rely solely on airplane meals but always bring sufficient back-up food, just in case.

truro
4. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

We can't really bring pre packed sandwiches etc..as we are staying in a travelodge the evening before.We live a 4 hour drive from the airport.We have to be at the airport by 3.30 am to park for check in at 4.00 am.The airport we fly from doesn't have a cafe past security.

Due to our flight times eating before we fly isn't an option.We usually fly much later in the day and have a Macdonalds before we fly.

I could take some cereal bars for the children though but was hoping for something more substantial.Thank you all for your help.

London
reviews: 21
5. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

Have had the breakfast meal on early morning short haul from Gatwick. From memory it comprises scrambled egg and bacon or sausage - muffin - juice or yoghourt - tea or coffee. Whether its worth the price is debateable and for a party of 7 price will be substantial.

As suggested cereal bars and snacks may be better idea.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
6. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

On short/mid haul early morning flights, the breakfast is usually cooked. If you fly longhaul overnight, then yes, you will most likely get a muffin.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 60
7. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

Buy some food at the airport and take it on board. It will probably be a lot cheaper and taste a lot better than plane food!!

Burnley, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

You will get a english breakfast outbound along with muffin and drink. If you put your flight into the website below as a dummy booking it will show the meal options and prices. Should be £6 for a short haul flight.

https://www.flythomascook.com/Select.aspx

Wirral
reviews: 45
9. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

We can normally buy the meal deal from Boots which is very good value as I'm not a lover of inflight meals, but saying this the last two times we've flown with Thomas Cook there was a good deal on with pre booking your seats and meal included, so took this option.

The meals were very good, all the menu's were provided by James Martin, although not a great amount in the meal there was a variety of things provided and have to say for a flight meal were very tasty, never thought I'd say that.

You are a party of 7, so it wouldn't be cheap for you, so you could as others say, get cheaper.

truro
10. Re: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).

Thank you all for your advice.

I have called in the travel agents this afternoon and the very helpful Lady has booked the breakfast for us.It includes a cooked English breakfast including a drink and the cost was £8.00 per adult and £4.00 per child.Not too bad a price I thought.It usually costs the best part of £3 just for a drink on the plane.Kids go half price with each paying adult.My in laws are coming too so that give all my 4 youngest kids a half price meal and my teenager pays full.So a total of £40 for the seven of us.

Reply to: Thomas Cook inflight meals (shorthaul).
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted